Author Topic: hello  (Read 3182 times)

Offline sanctifiedgrrl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
hello
« on: April 20, 2007, 12:57:31 am »
hello. im carmen, angelsmama sister. she's told me about the community here and i figured it's time i joined :)

im a proud owner of a 1 year old female black/red German Shepherd Dog named Jetta. she is an incredibly sweet obediant girl with loads of energy. her favorite people are my 4 year old daughter, my husband and myself of course.her favorite treats are cold pizza and peanut butter. her favorite toys are balls of any kind and pretty much anything that squeaks or makes any noise. :P we've been working on commands and basic obediance, hard to do with a 4 yr old and 4 month old baby though! so far she is good at walking on a leash, sitting, "lay down" (half the time), "take it" (only taking treat on outstretched palm when we give that command) and knows to not jump on us or our 4 yr old. just for fun she will "speak" on command. she is cautious of strangers but once she sees they are ok by us then she will lick them to death and harass them until they play at least one game of ball with her. not that it means anything, but she has an amazing pedigree and german import parent. i hope to enter her in schutzhund training eventually to carry on the tradition of her parents and those before them.
here are a couple of pics of Jetta:

Anakalia

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 07:48:01 am »
Welcome to the group!  I'm Andi, mom to Koby the great dane and Quinn the cat.  Jetta is such a gorgeous girl, and she looks like a total sweetheart!  ;D

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:01:22 am »
Welcome!!!!  Both of those girls are precious. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:18 am »
Welcome Carmen! I'm Kristina, mom to brother and sister Pyrs who are 4 months old.  I also have 3 kiddos and 3 kitty cats. I'm glad you joined. Jetta is beautiful!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:38:07 am »
welcome!  she sure is pretty!  you can see all my furkids in my signature below.  i'm sure you'll love bpo!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:47 am »
hello! I am helen, mom to Atlas the German Shepherd, and merlin and sweetpea the papillons!

Atlas is going to be a K9 when he grows up, but for now he is my big love bug! Welcome! She is absolutely gorgeous! love her rich coat!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 07:41:33 pm »
Hi there Carmen, It's wonderful that you joined the forum ~ I'm sure your sister has told you we're all wonderful people  ;) Just wanted to say welcome, both of your girls are very cute must make you a proud mama. I'm Kim ~ SAHM to 2 small skin kids, a kind hubby, an old man Hoover, a big girl Libby and 2 crazy Siamese
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)