Author Topic: PETFEST2007 - Mckinney TX  (Read 1867 times)

lorim2

PETFEST2007 - Mckinney TX
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:39:09 am »
Hey guys!  Good Morning...Anyo ne living close to Mckinney TX (Paige), come on out to Petfest 2007 today from 12-3.  Lots of fun for you and your furry friend!  Plus you can come take a look at our booth...This is our first big marketing venture for Quality Pet Care of Collin County!!  Woohoo...We launched our business about 4 weeks ago and already have about 10 new very happy clients!  So wish me luck today and bring your friend and come on out!  You can see some of my friends!

bigdogs@5501

Re: PETFEST2007 - Mckinney TX
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:00:13 am »
Lori, So sorry that I couldnt make it out- We have a young volunteer fireman on our depart,29 years old, who had a brain aneurysm and had to have emergency surgery on Sunday of this past week-he was not doing well at all after the surgery. Wednesday evening I got a call, he had taken a turn for the worse. This is a very nice young family, 3 kids with stay at home mom, when our young fireman is not helping out in the community- he is a truck driver. Unfortunately he didnt have any insurance and as a truck driver, if he isnt driving, there is not any income. So I made some calls- we pulled out the smoker- I went to Sam's bought food,started cooking BBQ, and did a benefit for the family. I want to say that I live in the most awesome community in the Nation. Our town is very small, maybe 300 people. We raised well over 1500.00 yesterday with the BBQ and the community filling the boot. We started cooking friday nite at 8, and wrapped up last nite at about 11. I know that its not enough money to take care of everything, but maybe it will give the wife a little break and peice of mind for a few days. I hope that Petfest 2007 was a success for you. I may be calling you for day care in the near future.