Author Topic: Dogs,Spiders,Bugs and Bees  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Dogs,Spiders,Bugs and Bees
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:36:20 am »
I'm always over run with Spiders and a few other bugs once the weather turns nice out.I can't use much of anything in the house because of the birds,so I have always used an outdoor spray around the outside of the house.Is this safe to use with Butt and Tub?? My big concern is them eatting the grass with the spray on it.If I shouldn't do that anymore any other ideas?? Second part is there anything I should keep on hand or know about dogs getting stung by bees?? I have noticed a bunch of wasps outside already and Tub with his brilliant puppy mind thinks it might be a good thing to try and catch then in his mouth :o So far he hasn't caught any,but just incase I want to be prepared.TIA
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs,Spiders,Bugs and Bees
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:44:13 am »
I have used boric acid powder in my house when I had carpets.  It's save for the cats and it shouldn't hurt your birds at all.  I would move them out of the room when you sprinkle it down but other than that it should be fine.  I am going to use diatomaceous earth in my yard this season to see if it stops the influx of fireants that I get every year. 

For bees and wasps, I keep benadryl on hand.  Kaila is notorious for eating wasps and bees.  She got hold of one in her kennel in the house one day.  I came home to find her muzzle all swollen and gave her benadryl and the swelling came down.  Just watch that they don't have any issues breathing and the benadryl will work great. 

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience