Author Topic: Comments....while walking your pupper...  (Read 3855 times)

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
Comments....while walking your pupper...
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:52:16 am »
I took Amy out for a walk the other day and my friend walked her grey shih-tzu, I made the comment that they were twins to someone, you know the show TWINS with Danny Devito and Arnold Swarznegger (sp?) Amy was Arny and the shih-tzu was Danny.  We had a blast telling them they were really related, people are tremendously gullible.  Esp. Kids. Anyways, its fun walking dogs that are mismatched in size to see what people say.
Another person told me they thought I was walking a calf.
And of course the all famous "wheres the saddle?" and "you could ride instead of walk her"
HAHAHA!!!!whatever. :D
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Comments....while walking your pupper...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:15:09 am »
ha ha how funny!  i was told once someone thought i was walking a miniature pony because axle had his tail hanging down instead of curled.  people are so weird.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 10:29:51 am »
lol thats cute, i always say LOOK MERLIN YOUR TWIN! when he meets a huge dog. lol Im glad you had fun!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 09:44:58 am »
lol! i know what you mean it's rare to take duramax for a walk with out getting horse or saddle comments at least one time!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 10:56:20 am »
Years back I was walking my now 12 year old Harlequin Dane around a Lake in Mlps and a well dressed woman in her 60's thought she lookked so regal and majestic she referred to her as "The Katherine Hepburn of Dogs". I Still crack up about that one. 
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 06:20:04 pm »
God, I've had some fantastical ones.

Out walking three of my siberians, a woman (Yes, an ADULT WOMAN) stopped me and asked me if they were real dogs. I actually had to stop for a moment, stare at her in disbelief, and then before I could stop myself I said "NO, I just like to take my stuffed animals out for a morning constitutional ."

One time I had four siberians out at the park and I was planning on doing some spring training on my outfitted bike. In otherwords, the dogs were all in harnesses/traces and would be attached to the frame of the bike by a special spring-coil front line to allow them to pull me. Well, as I was attaching them, the D-ring on the front line broke, and they took off, attached to each other but not the bike. They ran through the big meadow where, regretably, there was a school of elementary school students having a picnic. Easy to find them, just had to follow the screams of "WOLVES!!!!!!" and other not so nice things. Maya (lead dog) was predictable as she loves water, and sure enough leaped off the dock, dragging the three other poor dogs into the river, I had to go in after them and remove them, and that night there was a story on the news about a rumor of loose wolves/coyotes in the city park  ::)

When walking an afghan, I inveritable get asked how long it takes to groom them, and tactlessly, how much I paid for them  >:(

Chinese cresteds: What happened to its hair? Why is it shaved? What kind of terrier is that? is that one of those mexican hairless dogs?

Oooh and so many more ;)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 07:21:42 pm »
["NO, I just like to take my stuffed animals out for a morning constitutional ." LMAO  :D
screams of "WOLVES!!!!!!" REALLY LMAO ;D
that night there was a story on the news about a rumor of loose wolves/coyotes in the city park  ::) SEriously?[/quote]

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »
Yeah, seriously! They played it off as "We're getting these strange reports" but honestly, people called it into police/animal control that there were wolves/coyotes in the park!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 02:13:00 am »
I often get asked "What does he eat?" 

Of course, when its a small kid I say...."kibble, table scraps, and the occasional small child".  LOL!  The Looks I get!!  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 03:27:48 am »
When Eli was alive we actually once were asked : "Is that a lion?"

Why yes, yes it is.

-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et