Author Topic: Has anyone had issues with an Anti Bloat Tummy Tack?  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Cimone101

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Has anyone had issues with an Anti Bloat Tummy Tack?
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:44:39 am »
Hello everyone. I am having issues with my little girl Cimone. She's a 1 year old blue dane and has been fixed. When they fixed her they did a "tummy tack" procedure that consisted of tacking her stomache so that it wouldn't twist and cause Bloat. The problem is that she is often throwing up and appears to just feel awful. Someone (a vet) mentioned it might be from the tack job. They said maybe her tummy was trying to twist and making her sick..? is it just me or do we have a lazy vet? Other than this vomiting mystery she is very healthy. Has anyone had a similar issue or knows anything that can point me in the right direction?

Offline Cimone101

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone had issues with an Anti Bloat Tummy Tack?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:01:31 pm »
Actually the Vet just came by (he's a house call vet) and took blood. Based on her problems he thinks it might be lyme disease. Although how she got it in the city is beyond me. I should know tomorrow. She has been very lethargic, vomiting occasionally-more frequently then not and less frequently as would require a trip to the Hospital. She is limping slightly and just doesn't seem to feel great. She often stops in the middle of a walk and refuses to go on and has her head hanging low. She goes and sleeps most of the day in the bathroom which is where she goes when she is ill. Thanks for the response! If you or anyone out there has any ideas I would be eternally grateful. She is such a mischievous little girl it hurts to see her acting this way and obviously not feeling well.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 04:54:41 pm »
Zoey is tacked and never had any issues from it (to my knowledge - she has plenty of issues but I dont think any of them are from the tack).

Hopefully you will find out what is wrong with Cimone soon.
RIP former BPO

Offline Cimone101

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:23:02 am »
Thank you everyone! Sorry I was offline for a bit I am traveling and Comp access is difficult at best. I should hear back in the next few hours about cimones blood tests and will keep everyone informed. The Vet seems to think that even if it is Lymes that it will be treatable. So that's good news. I just hope it is nothing more sinister. The change of personality overnight is what is causing me the most anxiety, she is obviously not feeling great. I am away now too until friday evening so it makes it even harder. I feel like a bad mom not being there right now. Although my fiance is with her and she is a daddy's girl, she is his first dog ever and all this is new to him... anyhow, thanks for the support all! I will try to log in again tomorrow! Best Wishes to All, Namaste!  ~ Kat