Author Topic: Way off topic-Remodelling h%!! Updated 5/5 new pictures.  (Read 4169 times)

Offline gr8dame

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Way off topic-Remodelling h%!! Updated 5/5 new pictures.
« on: April 25, 2007, 07:52:33 pm »
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:11:55 am by gr8dame »

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Re: Way off topic-Remodelling h%!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 08:36:59 pm »
I love the pic of Strider standing in the middle of the floor looking at dad like "WHAT have you done?"
Salli, Annie's mama!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:42:15 pm »
OMG you've done so much work! It's lookin' really good!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 08:46:44 pm »
wow, u had a nice kitchen to start with, why redo it hahaha. if you saw mine, ud understand why i said that. LOL.
I can't wait to see the finished product. Keep us all posted :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:20:30 pm »
great progress so far! I cant wait to see the after pics.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 01:19:02 am »
You know in the end its going to look AWESOME ~ and quite the undertaking to do all by yourselves.

Can I just say Holy Crap that kitchen is huge.... I wish mine looked like that to begin with... keep up the good work.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:15:07 am »
i LOVE it!  want to come do mine??  it's not as big ;)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Way off topic-Remodelling h%!! Updated 5/5 new pictures.
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 12:20:06 am »
The floor looks great!  Actually, the whole kitchen does too!  We had to redo our kitchen a couple of years ago.  It all started with a small leak from the sink and the pressed wood cabinets that melted.  We did the work ourselves also and have continued doing the tile work and remodeling on the rest of the house.  I found out that I'm the insane person that likes to do the grout work on the tile. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 12:27:59 am »
LMAO!  hopefully sometime this year or the beginning of next we'll be doing out kitchen over.  i'm not so excited being that we'll have 3 kids and 5 dogs running around while we're doing it lmao.  maybe i'll do a "rent a kid" thing so people can see if they really want kids lmao
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 12:54:26 am »
i looks awesome! Want to do mine next?  ;)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 04:34:11 am »
My hat's off to you, what a great job!  It looks great.  New floor, cabinets, everything...w ow!  So tell me, how tough is tiling...reall y?  Before we bought this house we had contractors remodel most of it, but we couldn't do all of it at the time so we still have the kitchen and one bathroom to go (the big $$ areas).  I've been very curious about installing tile and I've read some of the write ups on hgtv.com and the like, but I'm still a little leary.  Since I can see that you were down there laying tile, and I am impressed...I'll defer to your experience...h ow bad was it, really??  Congratulation s on a great job!!!  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:33:54 am »
OMG!! It's lookin' GREAT!  I'm lovin' the new flooring, I NEED tile in our kitchen, I'm so jealous!  The cabinets look great too can't wait to see pics after the counter tops are installed!!  You guys are doing such a good job and I bet you're saving a TON of money by doing it yourself.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:04 am »
My hat's off to you, what a great job!  It looks great.  New floor, cabinets, everything...w ow!  So tell me, how tough is tiling...reall y?  Before we bought this house we had contractors remodel most of it, but we couldn't do all of it at the time so we still have the kitchen and one bathroom to go (the big $$ areas).  I've been very curious about installing tile and I've read some of the write ups on hgtv.com and the like, but I'm still a little leary.  Since I can see that you were down there laying tile, and I am impressed...I'll defer to your experience...h ow bad was it, really??  Congratulation s on a great job!!!  ;D

Thanks,we really impressed ourselves that it came out so well. Actually that was my girlfriend down there we were taking turns, and I was behind the camera.
It really isn't that hard in smaller rooms, you just have to keep your lines straight and the tiles even. There are little plastic spacers that keep the grout lines even, so all you have to do is keep the tiles straight and square. The larger the room the harder it is to keep everything in order and  square. The morter takes a bit of muscle to spread thinly, too much and it oozes into the grout lines and is a &^tch to clean it out for grouting the next day. We started last year in a small bathroom, and it was a breeze compared to the two larger kitchens that we did this year. I ended up with tendonitis from mixing the morter and grout, and had alot of sore muscles. Knee pads are a must. Put it this way, it is not the way I would want to earn a living, but it is soooo worth it in the end.
Stella
Stella, thanks for the info.  Your kitchen looks great, so I can see that it would be a very rewarding project.  I'd love to try it, I guess I'm just nervous that we'll end up with our tile running at a slightly quirky diagonal.  :o  Though I guess if you get the first line straight and you use the spacers, then maybe it's ok?  I'm thinking of starting with the countertop in the kids' bathroom.  You may have just gotten us started on something here!   ;D   
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 09:05:27 am »
Great job!!! You guys really had to put your backs into that project.It looks fantastic.
Ken started on my bathroom 5 years ago and it still is not done ::)

I vowed never to let him start another project. ;)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 10:35:34 am »
Yea, I'm not the only one that has unfinished projects.  I still have the closet to tile in the bedroom and then 2 other rooms to tile.  Then I'll be done with the floors. 

I have to say that I've tried the tiling both ways where you start against a wall and then go across and you get the square of the room.  The only thing that I've learned is that my house isn't square so therefore no tile job is going to be square.  There's not a wall in my house that's square.  I think the construction guys were chemically impaired when they built my house.  So I have funky grout lines everywhere.  That's when I decided my house will be the trial and error house.  So if my friends want to try something out they come over here and we incorporate it into my decorating scheme.  It definitely makes life interesting.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience