Author Topic: ??? about the..... BIG SNIP ......  (Read 2154 times)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
??? about the..... BIG SNIP ......
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:14:03 pm »
I am in the process of makeing plans for Morph and AJ to both be snipped.  But I need your opinions on this.  Should I have them both done at the same time?? Or do them seperately??  I have been thinking about the pros and cons of both options and I still dont know.  I mean 2 dogs that are both groggy and in pain at the same time??  But if we do it at the same time then one wont be bothering the other one..  Can ya help make my mind up for me ??? ???  ::) :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:26:46 pm by morph's mom »
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Re: ??? about the..... BIG SNIP ......
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:12:26 pm »
I'd agree same time... easier to have both in pain then have one in pain and the other leaping all over him to play! Get it all over with heehhe  ;D

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:44:55 am »
I think same time also..Although you couldnt really tell that Marley had anything done by the way he as acting..That is until his looked like one huge basketball from licking!

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:59:31 am »
I agree with everyone else, but like Tina said, if you do both dogs you may get a discount.  :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:08:21 am »
Cinder and Kaila were spayed at pretty much the same time.  Kaila was a couple of days after Cinder just because my vet was booked up for surgeries and that's the way it worked out.  But they were both sore and knocked out and it was great. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:58:49 am »
Thanks you guys.  It is looking like next week both boys will be snipped.  Smitty still isnt too happy about it but he will get over it.  It is a guy thing I guess lol.  We are going to have a freind do the deed.  He is a Vet tech and Assistant and has been for the last 40 years.  For about 20 years there was only one vet here (the one he worked for) so John ended up going out on calls in the vets place cause he couldnt be two places at once.  I know that he is not a licensed and certified vet but... He has been doing this longer than any of the actual vets in this area and he is only gonna charge us $25 for doing it. He didnt even want us to give him that.  He just does it to help people out now cause it was gonna cost us $120 for Morph and $85 for AJ and that was the cheapest we could find with a two dog discount.  I would not let him work on them if I did not trust him.  John has actually put stitches in my leg when I was a kid and we couldnt afford a trip to the hospital when I was tushed by a boar hog that he was working on.  So the way it is looking next tuesday or Wed. the boys will be fixed.
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney