Author Topic: Frosty Paws!!!!!!  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Frosty Paws!!!!!!
« on: April 27, 2007, 12:34:19 am »
I was at Wal Mart getting ice cream for my kids and what do I find........Fr osty Paws ;D I had to really beg my husband to let me buy them but he finally gave in and let me :D I couldnt wait to get home and give them to the doggies. First I held them in my hands to let Zeus and Grey lick them, bad idea!!!! Zeus got a little too into it and bit my thumb...OUCH!!!!! He actually got it pretty good, made me bleed :(, but how could I get upset he was just trying to eat his frosty paws. So I just pushed them out of the container and dumped them into their food dishes. They eat them in no time and had "icecream" all over their faces, it was soooooooooo cute. Now I just need to convince Ben to let me buy some more for them :D How sad is it that I was that excited about buying Frosty Paws for my dogs LOL

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Re: Frosty Paws!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:54:26 am »
Ouch!!! Sorry bout your thumb :(

Mine LOOOOVe Frosty paws!! But they are so expensive :(

You can make them at home, easily! Also a good way to get some extra vitamins in them ;) just add the vitamins to the mix.

I thought I would post this as its getting warm and my dogs LOVEEEE frosty paws.

Take
2 ripe banannas
1 cup peanutbutter
2 cups shaved/chopped ice
1 cup plain yogurt

blend together until smooth, pour into dixie cups and let freeze- 3 hours later, frosty paws!

You can also put them in muffin tins, or ice cube trays :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:56:06 am by whiskeyandsake »

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:05:11 am »
Can you use 'not real' peanut butter? and does it cauese booty blow outs? I'm sure Libby and Hoover would love that and I've never heard of them or seen them here ~ You Americans are soooo lucky sometimes ~ you get all the cool pet stuff  ;)
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:09:27 am »

You can make them at home, easily! Also a good way to get some extra vitamins in them ;) just add the vitamins to the mix.

I thought I would post this as its getting warm and my dogs LOVEEEE frosty paws.

Take
2 ripe banannas
1 cup peanutbutter
1 cup plain yogurt

blend together until smooth, pour into dixie cups and let freeze- 3 hours later, frosty paws!

Awe thank oyu for posting that!!!!!! I was actually thinking of how I could make them for the doggies, now I can....YEAH!!!!!!!!! ;D

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:37:27 am »

Take
2 ripe banannas
1 cup peanutbutter
1 cup plain yogurt

Awe thank oyu for posting that!!!!!! I was actually thinking of how I could make them for the doggies, now I can....YEAH!!!!!!!!! ;D

What a great idea!!  and the kids can eat them too!  haha