Author Topic: OMG I woke up to a HUGE mess  (Read 3751 times)

Offline newmommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
OMG I woke up to a HUGE mess
« on: April 28, 2007, 01:21:08 am »
bailey pooped all over in her crate and all over herself. wow. what a mess. I cleaned it and bathed her, we will see how long this bath lasts.
so I know its the first night, but man thats a lot of poop lol. any suggestions?

lins_saving_grace

Re: OMG I woke up to a HUGE mess
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 01:43:13 am »
with crate training i used the divider and used that as we grew.  the bigger grace (and Lady) got the more room i gave them as they needed it.  the less room they have when they're in the potty training phase, the less likely they are to poop in their crates.

Offline newmommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 01:45:17 am »
well its a kinda small crate. I mean big for now but not big enough for dividers. i have an enormous crate too though

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:57:26 am »
I am sure there were some big changes for the pup yesterday so this type of thing is not unusual.  Make sure the pup has enough room to stand and turn around in the crate and that's it.  Shorten it with boxes/a small cooler etc.  I used Priority mail boxs (tall and thin) with my most recent puppy.  Enjoy!
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 04:22:07 am »
Was she in the room with you? What I did with Dilbert was had him in the room with us in his crate. He would cry in the middle of the night, I would take him out right away and he usually had to pee or poop. Within 2/3 weeks he was sleeping through the night no prob. It sucked having to wake up at 2am but then I would rather that than having to clean up the crate and him.   :)

Oh if she is in a different room maybe a baby monitor so you can here when she needs out?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:03:21 am »
The stress of travel, new surrounding, new foods, etc can all trigger potty issues.  I don't know how old your little one is, but having a puppy under the age of 10 weeks is *really* like having an infant.  They are not prepared to hold it all night, so getting up with her once to let her do her business outside may be a good bet. 

Lucian was waking me at 3-4am and then again at 6am the first 2 weeks.  Now he's been sleeping 7-8 hour stints since!

Good luck with your little one!
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et