Author Topic: This is NUTS!! (no pun intended)  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
This is NUTS!! (no pun intended)
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:35:15 pm »
Have you guys ever heard of these? ???

http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: This is NUTS!! (no pun intended)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 04:03:25 pm »
That is what I was thinking!  These things have to be more for their owners than for the dogs.  Seriously, any man that can't picture a dog without his boys probably has some insecurities about his own twig and berries. :D
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:14 pm »
k- im not a man, but i would be sad seeing zero lose his. i have already told the vet i want neuticles for Zero, to which he just laughed and said they are pointless.  ::) whatever lol i personally am all for it :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:22:56 am »
 When I was a Vet Tech, we had a male client with a boxer who we implanted neuticals in. The owner requested the original plastic neuticals because they were the cheapest. A couple weeks later he came in to purchase something and we asked how his boxer was doing. He told us fine, except when the boxer would flop down on the floor you could hear the neuticals clunk. BwaaHaHaHa LOL ;D

So if your ever going to have some implanted get the soft ones ;)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 03:40:30 am »
lol these things are hilarious, i understand it though, it would make showing a dog who NEEDS to be neutered possible :)
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 11:38:41 am »
You can get in major trouble if you are caught showing a dog with neuticles.  Otherwise people would already be showing spayed females (some probably are), since unless she's been bred doesn't really have any different outward appearances than intact females.

And yes, the main point of showing is to have the best of the best.......... then to further the breed with your "best".  You can't do that with a neutered dog.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 11:45:23 am »
they actually have "altered" Classes in most shows. i think thats pretty fancy, but always wondered... why!?!?!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 01:21:51 pm »
Holly I totally thought of Van Wilder when I read "if you have a bunch of the dogs sperm stock piled" HAHA

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 01:23:46 pm »
i know when i worked with a shower / judge she would feel the tummy on females and see if she could feel a scar (or scar tissue built up) running along it.  as for guys, i rarely / never saw a judge grab the male's testicles.  if i could, i would love to show but i do not want even the possibility of an accidental breeding!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 02:10:01 pm »
Holly I totally thought of Van Wilder when I read "if you have a bunch of the dogs sperm stock piled" HAHA

EWWW!  That flash back made me gag! :D
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 02:42:42 pm »
Is this a joke?!?!?!!!  I don't see the point at all.
Salli, Annie's mama!

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 05:04:43 pm »
Is this a joke?!?!?!!!  I don't see the point at all.
NO!  That is what is so crazy to me!  I thought it was a joke at first too.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 05:47:07 pm »
Besides, what's the point in showing a neutered dog?  The whole point of dog shows is to identify the best breeding stock. 

Actually Holly, ASCA (the Australian Shepherd Club of America) has Altered shows and I think that they are a wonderful idea.   ASCA is the largest single breed registry in the US, not to mention that they have their own obedience, stock, agility, etc shows that you can earn titles and awards in(non-Aussie dogs too). And their herding events kick AKCs butt.  ;)  There are probably more aussies registered with ASCA than with AKC, working lines especially.  ;D 

Not everyone wants to deal with intact dogs & bitches, and Altered classes are a great way for the breeder to still get more dogs from his/her lines out and judged.  Its also a nice way for 'newbies' to get their feet wet and learn the ropes without having to deal with the behavior & care of an intact dog/bitch. 

I've also heard of a lot of breeders taking 'donations' from their promising males and then having them neutered and showing them to their Championships in the altered classes.

They are still judged to the same standard, but not everyone wants to deal with the responsibiliti es of intact animals. I hope that it does catch on, because then it might help put a dent in pet overpopulation and also open conformation showing up to other pet owners.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 05:56:01 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 06:32:37 pm »
Must agree with holly, it's absolutely pointless to show in AKC conformation with an altered dog, as it would be an absolute waste of money to compaign a dog to prove it conforms to the standards and then not breed it.

I must say tho, I was at a show a few years back and was watching BIS ring, and the sporting group dog was a lovely golden special. Really, really top notch, beautiful boy, his movement was stunning, and he was in the top 10 (but will remain nameless hehehe)

Anyway, he was stacked and examined, then sent on a down and back, came back up to freestack and the judge stopped him, walked around the dog and asked him to run the down and back again (this is where the dog gaits away from the judge to see rear movement, then turns and comes towards the judge to see front movement) When he came BACK the judge pulled the dog aside and re-evaluated him, then he was excused from the ring among much whispering and hand gestures. Trust me, all spectators where DYING to know what had happened!

Finally, we found out. The dog as a puppy had only one testicle, the other having not dropped fully. The owners decided to put in a neutical. Well at somepoint on the down and back the small un-developed testicle dropped, which happens rarely but DOES happen, and the judge happened to notice an additional "Lump". He was immediatly excused from the ring.... Oops!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters