Author Topic: DO YOU KNOW WHY DURAMAX WAS CRYING!!!!!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
DO YOU KNOW WHY DURAMAX WAS CRYING!!!!!
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:04:15 am »
We all know that dogs are very intune to their surroundings and what is going on around them, they sense when something is not right, or when something is about to happen, this is a very good reminder to always pay attention to your pooch when he is trying to tell you something.
         last week at about 9:00 at night we were hit by a storm, which isnt a big supprise for us this time of year, as we live in Nebraska. but as the storm passed Duramax became more and more upset. he started to cry! and whine, he was terribly worried about something.for about 15 minutes he carried on. and then it was over. he stopped, and was back to normal.....why was he crying???
         There was a tornado about 1/2 mile from our house. it tore through about 10 farms and did this to one of our friend's house. Duramax knew that danger was close, he could sense it, and was terrified. this pic is of their house. . . always pay attention when your dog is telling you something.....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: DO YOU KNOW WHY DURAMAX WAS CRYING!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:27:47 pm »
maybe because of the atmosphere changes (pressure, etc).  it could have made him nervous / scared.  diesel whines before, during and after storms (but he's a wuss).  even if it's just close and not on top of us.  poor baby though!  i can just imagine knowing something is close but not being able to see it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:28:14 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 01:34:16 pm »
isnt that amazing? Merlin senses my angina attacks coming a half hour before they hit! He smells the enzymes and wont leave me alone til after i have taken my meds and the attack has passed. He cries too, and paws at my chest.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:37:07 pm »
how amazing that both your dogs can do stuff like that!  just about the only thing my dogs tell me about is diesel with the storms, and all of them know when it's about time to cook :/
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 02:20:51 pm »
yup!
this is the tornado that came through.
im proud of Max!! even if he is a big chickum ;D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline newmommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 01:23:54 am »
wow thats amazing and scary at the same time. I can handle fires and earthquakes, but tornados or hurricanes??? UH UH count me out !!

Anakalia

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 03:37:32 am »
Oh wow, that's so scary!  :o  I'm glad everyone is ok.