Author Topic: fumble's limping  (Read 57991 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
fumble's limping
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:24:53 am »
hey all... i swear fumble is like the bubble boy!  he's so sensitive to EVERYTHING... anyone have any clues why he's limping??? He seems to be favoring each of the back legs, alternating between the two of them.  He jumps around and will run but then when he walks he or jogs he looks like he's limping.  I feel soo bad for him!!  i took him for a short walk today and it seemed to have made him in pain! i feel so bad..  i'm going back to the vet for the ears tomorrow afternoon, do you all think i should wait that long or should i callt he emergency vet this afternooNN???  i swear he's "that kid"!!!  and i just love 'that kid' so much i want to make sure he's not in pain!  he's not crying or anything... so it's so weirD! and it just popped up on saturday...
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: fumble's limping
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:30:26 am »
oh poor Fumble! he needs some  :-* kisses!!!!!!!
and please give us an update as soon as u know :)

Jodi,
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:41:11 am »
Poor guy:(
 There are many reasons he could be limping anything from a pulled muscle to HD. Pain could also really be coming from his back and not his rear legs at all. Your best bet is to have the vet take a look. I think you are fine waiting until tomorrow just keep him calm and inactive until then.

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:42:16 am »
Awww poor boy! It could be just pulled muscles if he was playing hard the day before.  I would talk to your vet when you take him in for his ears.  Get well soon Fumble!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:48:54 am »
sooooo... i inspected his feet before i left for the office during my lunch break... it looks like the pads of both his back paws are a little raw, pinkish looking!  that could by why he's limping???  doesn't like the cement or it hurts, i mean even the beach could hurt because of the random shells and rocks around!  i'll try either some bag balm on the pads and this other stuff i have for dry or cracked pads..  but i'll definately ask the vet tomorrow... silly dog probably chews the pads when we're at work!  too bad he acutally likes the bitter apple stuff!!
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 07:59:37 am »
Ahhhh that could be it!  His paws just may be a bit sore so he doesn't want to put much weight on them, makes sense to me!  If he was playing/running on a rough surface like concrete he could have scuffed them up if he suddenly stopped.

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 08:38:37 am »
yeah that could be it! Sweetpea is limping too,  but hers is because she thinks shes a flying squirrel. We bought a BIG crate for Atlas, from dog.com (great deal and its an awesome crate, huge too) and she decided it would be fun to jump off it. Thats like us jumping off the top of a house!! So shes limping on her front leg only a little, not swollen or anything, i think she bruised some soft tissue. Shes on bed rest for the rest of the day. If its bad tomorrow she will comr to work with me! She too is "that kid" only she does it to herself! LOL

Poor fumble, maybe he and sweetpea should have a bubble boy and girl play date! :D
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 08:50:10 am »
awwwwwww poor Fumble! Auntie Rachel sends tons of smocches. Feel better big guy!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:15:24 am »
The pads could definitly be the problem. We all know he's got his allergies another outlet besides the ears is the paws. Lacey chews on her pads during allergy season. Let us all know what the vet thinks. When he's feeling better we all need to get together again.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:31:23 am »
is it a sudden lameness?
When Lady would start limping and it persisted it was time for an ACL operation.   it's easy to tell if the sudden lameness isn't getting any better. 
that's the worst case scenerio though.  definately ask the vet what he thinks...if there's dorr motion in the knees.  i doubt it would happen in both knees right away though.
so until you hear from the vet think good thoughts and let us know asap!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 12:18:08 pm »
Poor Fumble!  :-\  Feel better, big guy!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 01:00:33 pm »
ooh geez... thanks all for your well wishes!!  i hope it gets better whatever it is... i'm starting to get worried because it seems to only be getting worse... and he keeps going from left to right limping.. i'm hoping he didnt do anything to his back..  he still doesnt seem to be in much pain, he doens't whimper or anything.  he was chewing on his foot earlier, it sounded like he was chewing on his nail, and when i went to look at it he kinda got into nasty mode, so i'm not sure if that was a sign that it's the paws... oh i don't know! i just feel so awful and i hope it's nothiing horrible!  he's only a year and a half, so i don't see what could be awful!  oh i hope it's not!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 01:22:11 pm »
don't think the worst ok?  i'm sure he's fine.  the paws being irritated sounds like a possibility. 
you'll let us know tomorrow what the vet says?

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 02:58:42 pm »
Oh Fumbs- not so much fun to have feet problems- Hopefully it is short lived- Please keep us updated on how he is doing - smoochies from the crowd here.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 10:52:49 pm »
thanks everyone!!  i think last night i was just so nervous and anxiety stricken!!  this morning he went outside with me and just laid down! silly boy!  that's his sign that something's not right when he lays outside on the cold ground and refuses to get up!  even tried to play hide and seek his favorite game!!  just picture him and i outside at 530 am playing in the backyarD! haha!! 
I'll let you all know as soon as we get home from the vet today!!  thanks again!