Author Topic: fumble's limping  (Read 58225 times)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
Re: fumble's limping
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 06:45:58 am »
Awww Poor Fumble.  I am really glad that you are home.  You just rest easy for a little while and wrap momma and auntie around that big ole paw some more.  They are gonna take great care of you.  AJ says dont worry your hair will grow back, mom does that to me every year. And Morph sends you get well soon Slobbers and really diggin your little fur sock that you have got going on there. 
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2007, 06:59:34 am »
Awwwwwwwwwwww he's supermodel thin under all the fur!hehehhe! I am glad he's home and healing well, keep milking momma for all that you can! hehe!

Its Stacy: I know right!? No wonder he tore both legs! Those little legs are supporting that big body and all that weight! HEhEHHE
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2007, 07:17:31 am »
Sending all of you extra hugs from Jersey!  Extra, extra hugs to Fumbs from his Newfie pals too.  I hope all of you are feeling much better with each day.  So sorry you had to go through all of this rough stuff.

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:08 am »
awwww Fumbs it is so good to see you! You are one sexy Newf with that bare rump!  ;)
Feel better big guy!
xoxoxoxoxo

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2007, 09:09:39 am »
what a tropper!!  those eyes say to me...i know it hurts a little now but i'll feel better later.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2007, 09:11:35 am »
well... stinker that he is, he decided tonight to lift his leg to pee, the one that got surgery being the stable leg!! i swear, he's an idiot!  i think i was just in shock!  he definately limped a little after that, and i would think that would be expected after putting so much weight on it!  hopefully he learned his lesson, mr. type a personality!
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Offline TomB

• Gnawer
  • Meisi The Landseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2007, 02:14:52 pm »
I really hope that Fumble will feel better real soon!
All the best to Fumble from Meisi and me.
He looks like a great teddy bear!
In the pictures with the shaved leg, looks like at least they let him wear his natural sock  :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2007, 12:01:03 am »
Oh my goodness.  He's so sad and sweet looking.  Scars add character I think.  Feel better fast Fumble.  We're all pulling for you.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2007, 12:07:44 am »
OOOOOH fumbs is partially nekky!!!! "Fumble's too seksi for his fur" lol Silly boy! Get Better soon big guy!!!!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:27 am »
Oh the poooor honey he looks so sad and out of it - but still very adorable.

Feel better Fumble.

Poor baby

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2007, 09:10:31 pm »
Fumble will be able to brag about his 'battle scars'. No one has to know it was his ACL.  ;)

I'm so glad to know he's recovering well. Rosie hates to see Newfs in pain. You're in our thoughts.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2007, 07:23:58 am »
Just wondering how Fumble is doing today???

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2007, 09:14:37 am »
aww thanks! he's doing well... still limping pretty bad, but i'm not too sure what to expect 6 days after the surgery, especailly with the other knee being hurt still.. i feel like i'm so disconnected though cause i've been basically living out on the porch with the big guy!  my computer's broken, and stacy's only works wireless 30% of the time!  otherwise i'm sure i'd be on the computer much more!  i'll be in the office tomorrow morning with i'm sure, nothing to do so i can catch up!  hehe!

as far as the leg goes, great recovery from what it looks like.  no more redness around the stitches, a little bruising on the ankle now and the back of the leg, but not nearly as bad as it was!  like i said the limping is still there, and we're still doing hte butt scootch if we don't want to get up!  but he's definately getting back to his antics.  he's pooping now! which is a big yah!!!  :)  and we're no longer sitting to pee, full fledged stand at attention pees!  his appetite is ehh, but that's fumble for you.  he's still on the anti-inflammatory and the antibiotics.  i did find a quarter size icky scab on his right leg today, so i cleaned it up and put some homeopathic neosporin stuff on it, but i figure he's on so many antibiotics right now it will kill anything! i'm not sure when he did it!  i think it must have been from before, cause he's had the cone on when we're not around!  i swear, he really is bubble boy! hehe!  he tried to trick me to go out this morning, so you know he's back to his antics.  and this afternoon when i let him out by myself he laid down after pooping, i thought he just needed a time out... but ohhh we laid there for a solid 10-15 minutes!  i think he's just getting bored of the porch! hopefully after next thursday's visit we can let him into the rest of the house!  but i think he's looking better.  i just can't tell if his walking's getting any better... but that's why i've got stacy!  second set of eyes! :)

thanks again!! i'll take some pictures tomorrow of his leg without the redness!  it's like night and day from the pictures i posted on monday!

marypyrs

« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:23 pm »
YEA FUMBLE!!!  ;D You big handsome boy you! Good to hear you're doing well. I = like everyone = keep checking in on the 'Fumble Family' to see his progress. We're sending many HUGS!!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »
hey all!  we get to go get the sutures out today! :) yah for that!!  or at least htat's what i hope!  on sunday i noticed that there was a little clump of brown stuff and i thought it looked like food, but you can never be too sure.  so i called the vet and they said to do warm compresses.  well i did that and there was a brown/yellow residue on the cloth, so i called back and got an appointment for monday.  well monday morning it looked fine!  and i even noticed there was a little bit of fur that was in the same contortion that fumble's furry drool looks like, so i assummed that it was jsut drool and cookie.  so i actually called and cancelled that appt. and the vet called in more ceph to our vet up here on cape and i picked up some extra antibiotics till we went today.  well i looked last night and it was back again, but this time more crusty and it looked like there was a little bit of puss in there.  it's just the top two of the incision, very weird.  so i did the warm compresses and again it looked much better this morning.  but i hope they don't not take them out now because of the infection, i guess we'll just have to wait and see.  he hasn't been at it cause he's had the collar on, so who knows, maybe it got irritated from the drooly mess on sunday. 
but in terms of walking, he's doing great! in the porch he's still favoring and tip toeing on the leg, but outside he's great!  doesn't even waiver on either leG!  which i think is great as compared to what was 2 weeks ago!  so hopefully i'll have good news for you all this afternoon.  i just keep saying my prayers that it's not his body rejecting the plate.  i did some research though and it seems that when that happens there's usually swelling, and all we have is a little puss and pinkness! so we'll just keep our fingers crosseD!! :)