Author Topic: Cooling Beds/Mats  (Read 5874 times)

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
Cooling Beds/Mats
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:16:03 pm »
Hey everyone,
We're looking into purchasing a cooling bed/mat for Lucian in the next week or so.  There are a bunch i've seen for sale on the net and I'm not sure which are the best.  Does anyone have experience with these things?

Thanks!
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Cooling Beds/Mats
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:10:35 pm »
I was looking at buying one as well and have no clue...Guys, help!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:21:34 pm »
I dont have a mat, but i have one of those collars that you soak and freeze and then velcro on for summer outings. Works wonders. Im not sure about the mat but would be interested to hear what comes up, seeing as Atlas will need one when he rides in the cruiser in the heat.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:40 am »
Cirra has a Kuranda bed and we have been very pleased with it!!!  www.kuranda.co m   

Offline DogGuideDan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Dog Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 03:08:08 am »
Thanks everyone for your input thus far.  We are really looking for something that can go in the car as we have a few long road trips coming up.  I don't want something that is going to burst in the backseat though....
-Dan
Reef- 6yo APBT
Lucian - Dogue De Bordeaux Puppy
www.dogguide.n et

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:19:34 am »
road trips...hmm... not sure how big your back seat is but the one that has pvc pipes sounds like the best bet.

what if you have an egg foam bed cover and fold it in half and cover it in some light cotton or even swim suit material (stays cooler longer) and in the middle put a BUNCH of frozen cooling packs (ya know the squishy blue ones)???

Would that work? and just make sure you take a cooler of replacements and replace every 2 hours or so and when you stop at night at hotels then you can ask the front desk if you can put them in their freezer and you'll get them back at check out?
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.