Author Topic: Your MOST embarrasing dog experiences  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Your MOST embarrasing dog experiences
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:05:36 pm »
I just wanna kow, whats THE most embarrasing dog experience you've ever had?

I've had two, both not for the faint at heart, and oddly enough involving the same dog, Neo, one of my siberian huskies.

Neo was 6 months old and at his first show. He was doing GREAT in the ring, happily fanning the air with his tail, gaiting beautifully, and all eyes were on him (I must say, I was strutting with him a bit, he was a GORGEOUS 6 month old) We are in the middle of the down and back when I feel him start to lag a little on the lead. I slow and look and he is beginning to squat as he gaits, then finally stops to take a niiiiice big you-know-what in the middle of the mat. Everyone outside the ring snickers and grins, and I laugh and stand there and wait for him to finish. This isn't all uncommon, especially with babies, so I really wasn't that embarrased. When he finishes, the steward walks over to hand me some paper towels and help me clean it up. The steward is a 5'5 ish man with a looooooooong grey beard (Down to his waist) and long grey hair pulled up in a pony tail. As I am fumbling with the lead to be able to reach down to pick up the poo, the steward decides to be nice and bends down himself to get it. As he bends I suddenly feel the lead go slack in my hand, I look up just to see Neo LEAPING all four feet off the floor, and SNAGS the stewards beard. (He apparently, believed this was some sort of toy) The steward yells out, looses his balance and plops down RIGHT....IN... .THE.... POOP. I mean ALL in his beard and face. I shout at Neo to release him and I drop the lead and lunge for him, which startles Neo and he leaps back, STILL HOLDING THE BEARD, which drags the stewards face back through the pile. As I go to grab him, I SLIP and fall ontop of the steward, and Neo prances backwards laughing at us. The judge rounds him up and he is laughing so hard tears are rolling down his face. The steward was pretty nice about it... but I hear he shaved his beard.

The second time I was teaching an obedience class, and we were all sitting in a circle. Neo was wondering around the room loving on everyone, and he came back to me to snuggle next to me (He is a VERY loving siberian) Well I had a clients mixed breed next to me that I was petting, and as Neo swung by, the mixed breed snapped at him for getting to close to me. (Jealousy issues) Neo darted back suprised, with this disdainful "Well HEY thats MY human" look on his face, and I turned to speak to the owner about some techniques for working on jealousy. As I did I felt something warm on my shoulder and everyone gasped/squeeled. I turned my face and got a blast of pee RIGHT in my face. Neo was marking me! EEWWWWWWWWWW!

He did eventually redeem himself. At a show a year later, my mother was walking him behind the building when her sugar dropped to below 10 (She is a very brittle diabetic) she blacked out on her feet and landed behind the bushes, hidden from the path. As she fell she let go of Neo, who, instead of running off into the mountains (We were in the middle of the Catskills) turned and ran back up the hill and into the grooming area. He ran right up to a bunch of men and waited till they noticed him and yelled out "LOOSE DOG!!!" then ran back down to my mother, and sat next to her until they caught up. He saved her life, and was awarded the SHCA Guardian Angel Dog award, and HEINZ Hero dog of the year ;)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Your MOST embarrasing dog experiences
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 10:48:38 pm »
The only thing that comes to my mind is shortly after we adopted Jack.  He was jumping up on the fence to see the neighbors.  I didn't want to let him get used to that so I would say his name first then the "off" command.  He wasn't getting it so I had to say that a number of times thru out the afternoon.  Finally, one of the neighbors felt sorry for me because no one else would fill me in on what was so funny.  He said "Do you realize what your saying?"

BWAHAHAHAHHAH!!! Oh, that's priceless.

That reminds me of a kid that was in my French class who's name was Jack Kauffman. Poor boy.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:03:21 am »
I mentioned my most embarrasing moment in chat awhile back. But for those that were not there and would like a laugh at my expense I'll tell it again. :D

I took Bubba and Lola out to potty and well it was a lazy day as I was still in my jammies. To make a long story short.. Lola was about to pick up a piece of poop, gag. So I turned and started to run towards her and down came my pants, like someone 'pants' me.. Bubba was standing on the cuff of my jammies so here I am standing in the front yard, which btw is also a high traffic road with my jammie bottoms around my ankles. :-[ I'm trying to get them back up but Bubba is still standing on the leg. Just standing there.. probably laughing at me while I'm giving all the cars that go by a full view.

Talk about embarrasing.  :-[ :D I no longer take them outside while in my jammies that's for sure.  ;)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 03:53:45 am »
oOoOoOoOoOoOoO oOoOoOoOoOoOoO oOoO Bubba!  axle's done that to me before, except i face planted!

i just remembered another.  when axle was about 6-8 months aiden was asleep inside and we went outside for a few minutes.  it had snowed the past two days, and it was the first time we had seen snow, so me and hubby were outside playing in it.  well, i didn't know it was so slippery.  we had one of the retractable leashes (this is why i won't use them) and axle decided to be funny and run across the yard like a tank that wouldn't stop.  i didn't move fast enough.  well, it was like that video clip you see with the great dane and the woman, i got sling shot across the yard and BAM right into brandon's knee.  ouch!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:57:42 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 05:30:18 am »
I mentioned my most embarrasing moment in chat awhile back. But for those that were not there and would like a laugh at my expense I'll tell it again. :D

I took Bubba and Lola out to potty and well it was a lazy day as I was still in my jammies. To make a long story short.. Lola was about to pick up a piece of poop, gag. So I turned and started to run towards her and down came my pants, like someone 'pants' me.. Bubba was standing on the cuff of my jammies so here I am standing in the front yard, which btw is also a high traffic road with my jammie bottoms around my ankles. :-[ I'm trying to get them back up but Bubba is still standing on the leg. Just standing there.. probably laughing at me while I'm giving all the cars that go by a full view.

Talk about embarrasing.  :-[ :D I no longer take them outside while in my jammies that's for sure.  ;)

OMG Lyn - sorry but I too cant stop snickering...  if it makes you feel any better I had the same sort of incident happen to me - only I was on a plane getting my overhead luggage and there were no dogs involved, just a pair of pants that apparently had gotten too big for me....LOL

So I just have to ask.... were you wearing undies under your jammies?  ;D

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 01:49:21 pm »
LOL Nope.. no undies. :-[ That's what made it super embarrasing.  :D

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:58:58 pm »
Thanks, this thread was just what I needed today!  LMAO   We just got back from a 8 day road trip with 3 kids, 3 dogs, 1 cat and yes...that had it's embarrassing moments   ::)  but nothing this funny...yet!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 01:29:17 am »
Mine is NOTHING compared to the ones you guys have experienced!  We took Imani and Frankie to a dog show at the state fairgrounds about a year ago, to see how they would behave (prep for Frankie beginning her show career).  Anyway, we crammed three humans and two mastiffs into our (relatively) small car (big enough for five adult humans, NOT three humans and two mastiffs). Nobody had room to move during the ride, but the second we got there, parked, and opened the rear door to let the dogs out, Frankie took two steps away from the car and had a severe bowel blow-out. Glad it wasn't in the car, BUT... Imani's FACE was on the receiving end of the full load, and it was RUNNY and nasty! We were all gagging and trying to figure out what we were going to do about the situation, when I realized some instinct had told me to pack a box of baby wipes and a roll of paper towels in the gear bag, so luckily we were able to clean her up, but nothing short of a full service car wash would have gotten ALL of it out of her fur and skin.

Weedsport, NY

Offline LittleGrace

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 04:26:01 am »
Those are so funny LMAO!!!

I don't have anything near that embarassing, but this was kinda funny:

Grace gets a little excited when she sees my husband or I when the other one is walking her. So we were walking one day and my husband was far ahead of us with Zoe while I worked with Grace.  So we are in a fast trot when we come around the corner and she spots Hubby.  She takes off like a rocket and since I was moving quickly already, she was able to get me off-blance.  There is a fairly busy street next to us and I was not about to release her leash. So I grab it with both hands and manage about 4 long strides before I lift-off.  I literally flew through the air just like in a cartoon for about 10-15 feet before I landed on the grass easment strip between the street and the sidewalk.  (I am still holding the leash).  We apparently have reached my husband,  and Grace suddenly realizes that I am no longer on my feet, so she returns to me, does a perfect sit and then proceeds to snuggle ontop of me and check to make sure I am alright.  Which thankfully I was, but my sholder was a bit sore the next day.  I think all the people driving by must have thought I was psycotic.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:53:40 am by LittleGrace »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 10:01:03 am »
eweeeeeeeeeeee lol btw i love the smiley you put with that!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:14:14 am »
omg!! those all definately made me smile and laugh out louD!!!!  i definately don't have anything to top that... the closest i come is when fumble won't get in the car at the beach and the same people drive by and i'm still there coaxing him up the steps i have into the car!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 06:07:12 pm »
Man, these are great! We need to colaborate on a book.

and... why is it that the funniest stories involve sonic gastric disasters and suprised naked people in public?

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 04:29:37 am »
Oh, ouch!   LMAO!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  I looooove this thread!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees