Author Topic: Random favorite pictures of my dogs ( VERY VERY PIC HEAVY)  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Random favorite pictures of my dogs ( VERY VERY PIC HEAVY)
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:29:59 pm »
I am bored, at work, and have access to over 1800 of my favorite pictures, so I thought I would regall you with some of them ;) (You may want to get a cup of coffee :D )

I posted this here BTW because there are so many different breeds I had no idea where else to put it!

Maya, one of my siberians and a younger me on a SHCA pack dog hike

Baby Maya

Liza, one of my dobermans (crossed in 1998) One of the best pics i have EVER taken

Bonnie (Crossed in 1998)

Bonnie, Cody (Crossed in 1998) and Liza

Neo @ six months (I love this pic- its my favorite win pic of all time)

Holly the Afghan proving the "Cat like independence" of Afghans  ::)

Lance the doberman and Maya the siberian

Neo stuck ;)

Loki the siberian (Awwwwwwwwwwwww www)

He was THE worlds cutest puppy

Again... cutest puppy

Sebastian the golden and Jessie the GSD who crossed the bridge together in 2003

Jessie

Jessie and the worlds-tallest-ears, picture taken 3 days before she and Sebastian died.

Saki (Used to be avatar pic)

Holly ;)

A "goldendoodle" (Mutt) named Tiger I fostered for a while, and my macaw Milo

We were horribly abusive to Tiger, and forced him to pose for funny pictures.

Like this one.

Whiskey as a baby

Whiskey muddy

8 wks old whiskey

My avatar pic... Milo and Whiskey

Devin (My parents adopted him last year) and whiskey at 6 months

Whiskey saying "Watch what you drink, or you may wake up to a biiiiiiiiig suprise..."

Regal face

I love my bumper!

18 mnths

18 mnths

Sleeping in shower at 12 wks...

Sleeping in shower at 16 wks

6 months..

8 months....

1 year and insert sheepish whine "Buuut.... its my shower...."

Trooper (Loki's brother, rescue litter)

Bundles of cuteness anyone?

And, last but not least, here is Loki/Worlds Cutest Puppy one more time ;)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Anakalia

Re: Random favorite pictures of my dogs ( VERY VERY PIC HEAVY)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:04:17 am »
Wonderful pics!  I love them all, they're so dang cute!  Thanks so much for sharing those.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:05:35 am »
fantastic pics - I love them ALL!

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:54:45 am »
HOLY PETSTER PUPPERS!!! Those are adorable!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:39:57 am »
Those pictures are priceless!!!
I am sorry for asking but...what's happened to Jessie and Sebastian? How come they crossed the bridge together?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 06:49:18 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:32:10 am »
I am sorry for asking but...what's happened to Jessie and Sebastian? How come they crossed the bridge together?

Sebastian was a 16 year old Golden Retriever, and my absolute heart dog. Jessie was an 8 month old GSD that was give to my husband when he was in Iraq by a member of our police department when she was 9wks old. She was a thank you pup to the dog that I helped him train (Jessie's father) for free, and also in appreciation for James service, since he had always wanted a GSD.

Jessie and sebastian were inseperable. She followed him everywhere, never left his side. It caused us problems on occasion because once she lept through a CLOSED glass window and ran down the street after the car when we tried to take 'Bastian to the vet without her..another time she ate through a door. You get the picture  ::)

Sebastian started going downhill in Sept of 2003. He started sliding fast, and there wasnt much we could do to slow it down or stop it. I begged him to stay with us until James could come home and say goodbye. James came home on his 2 week leave at the end of Sept, and went back to Iraq very early AM oct 13th. On oct 13th Bastian had a fatal heart attack while I was making dinner. When I dropped to help him and try to give him CPR, Jessie was flipping out, climbing all over me, whining, licking me and him, and getting in the way. I picked her up and took her outside and dropped her in the yard and ran back to bastian. He died a few minutes later. It probably took me 40 minutes to sob, love on him and clean him up before I went back out to get Jessie. I didnt want her to see him so I had taken his body out front and left him on the stoop wrapped in a blanket.

When I went outside, Jessie was gone. She had climbed the fence and gone looking for him. For the first time in her life, she left the yard, and she went down to the highway and was killed by a car. I found her 2 hours later.

To this day, I feel that it was a plan, the only way they could go together. She didn't want to live without him, and it was the only way they could cross together. It still remains one of the worst days of my life, topped only by my Grandmother dying. Even being diagnosed with Cancer falls behind it.

An interesting sideling. A week after Bastian died, James was in Iraq on base walking towards the PX. He was talking to a friend, and suddenly heard what he thought was Sebastian's bark. He stopped and turned around and saw a golden-looking dog way in the distance, but still within the FOB. He asked his friend to come with him and he started walking towards the dog, which barked, wagged its tail and ran a short distance. James and his friend kept walking, when all of a sudden they heard a shrieking noise and people started shouting. A mortar shell hit 10 feet in front of where they *had* been standing. If they had kept walking towards the PX, it would have been directly ontop of them.

James did not even know that Sebastian was dead when he called me and told me this story. I burst into tears and told him what had happened, and we both firmly believe that sebastian saved his life that day.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

marypyrs

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:38:11 am »
Oh My God! That gives me chills. And has put me in tears! Thank you for sharing.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 02:28:34 pm »

Sebastian was a 16 year old Golden Retriever, and my absolute heart dog. Jessie was an 8 month old GSD that was give to my husband when he was in Iraq by a member of our police department when she was 9wks old. She was a thank you pup to the dog that I helped him train (Jessie's father) for free, and also in appreciation for James service, since he had always wanted a GSD.

Jessie and sebastian were inseperable. She followed him everywhere, never left his side. It caused us problems on occasion because once she lept through a CLOSED glass window and ran down the street after the car when we tried to take 'Bastian to the vet without her..another time she ate through a door. You get the picture  ::)

Sebastian started going downhill in Sept of 2003. He started sliding fast, and there wasnt much we could do to slow it down or stop it. I begged him to stay with us until James could come home and say goodbye. James came home on his 2 week leave at the end of Sept, and went back to Iraq very early AM oct 13th. On oct 13th Bastian had a fatal heart attack while I was making dinner. When I dropped to help him and try to give him CPR, Jessie was flipping out, climbing all over me, whining, licking me and him, and getting in the way. I picked her up and took her outside and dropped her in the yard and ran back to bastian. He died a few minutes later. It probably took me 40 minutes to sob, love on him and clean him up before I went back out to get Jessie. I didnt want her to see him so I had taken his body out front and left him on the stoop wrapped in a blanket.

When I went outside, Jessie was gone. She had climbed the fence and gone looking for him. For the first time in her life, she left the yard, and she went down to the highway and was killed by a car. I found her 2 hours later.

To this day, I feel that it was a plan, the only way they could go together. She didn't want to live without him, and it was the only way they could cross together. It still remains one of the worst days of my life, topped only by my Grandmother dying. Even being diagnosed with Cancer falls behind it.

An interesting sideling. A week after Bastian died, James was in Iraq on base walking towards the PX. He was talking to a friend, and suddenly heard what he thought was Sebastian's bark. He stopped and turned around and saw a golden-looking dog way in the distance, but still within the FOB. He asked his friend to come with him and he started walking towards the dog, which barked, wagged its tail and ran a short distance. James and his friend kept walking, when all of a sudden they heard a shrieking noise and people started shouting. A mortar shell hit 10 feet in front of where they *had* been standing. If they had kept walking towards the PX, it would have been directly ontop of them.

James did not even know that Sebastian was dead when he called me and told me this story. I burst into tears and told him what had happened, and we both firmly believe that sebastian saved his life that day.

I am so sorry for such a horrible loss! It must be very hard   on you...I have never lost a pet in such emotional circumstances.  :'(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 03:23:22 pm »
Reading about the your dogs passing on the same day... so heart wrenching.  Then when I read on... I got shivers all over.  Amazing that Sebastians passing seems to have been timed to save James and it appears that Jessie wouldn't have been able to lived w/o him.  Fate!
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:09:44 pm »
Yes, fate is an amazing thing. I still see sebastian sometimes, and I think he comes and visits me and watches over me to make sure I am ok. As for Jessie- I swear one of my ferrets is Jessie reincarnated!!!!!!!!! He's just as neurotic and houdini-ish.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Gemz

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:13:08 pm »
what beautiful dogs, all of them.

your story also has me in tears. I'm sorry for your loss, but I believe things happen for a reason, and at least you know they are watching over you.