Author Topic: we've learned to expect the unexpected today... *big news inside*  (Read 8025 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
well, i jinxed myself.  on a recent post we were talking about how hubby and i take multiple precautions (3!) to control kid population at our house, since my doctor is 100% against tying my tubes or anything.  nice, huh?  it's always "what happens if something happens to one of your sons?" and i always say "that's why i have 2!"  well, now we have one last chance to have a girl!  we found out today that i am officially 3 1/2 months pregnant!  i don't show or test positive on either urine OR blood tests until this point, and my doctors / hubby NEVER believe me.  SO, long story short, we're expecting an unexpected!

five dogs and 3 kids ALL under the age of 5...  i must be nuts!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:35:24 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

Re: we've learned to expect the unexpected today... *big news inside*
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:36:20 pm »
big time congrats ;D if you were that careful, that baby was meant to be..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:39:00 pm by angelsmama »

Anakalia

Re: we've learned to expect the unexpected today...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:37:45 pm »
OMG CONGRATULATION S!!!  I always think I'm going to jinx myself when I say "NO MORE", but I'm tellin' ya one of these days I'm gonna get a suprise I just know it! hahahaaa  Maybe that's why you've felt so stressed lately because of hormonal changes?  

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 03:40:36 pm »
definately why.  i thought i was, but didn't want to say anything until i had a confirmation.  i was even on the dot with how far along i was  ::) i told hubby and doctor i wish they'd believe me, i can even tell them exactly how labor is going to go (i'm literally that predictable).  anywho, i knew i was b/c i'm sleeping a lot and always tired / grouchy and want a few sweets (which i normally HATE sweets and barf when i eat it) and wanting to lounge in the bath.  sucks, this is the 3rd time i will be preg. in the middle of summer ha ha  oh, and i've started my multiple months worth of cleaning already
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:41:18 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:16:39 pm »
Congrats Steffanie and hubby !!!! What exciting news, nope not nuts just.... busy  ;D
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »
LMAO I have 4 kids 5yrs and younger and 4 dogs LMAO I must be considered nuts too then  ;) But I wouldn't have it any other way !  ;D
Congratulation s , here's hoping it's a little girl !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:34 pm »
OMG!!  Congratulation s!  Lucky you, to sail through that nauseous period without even an eyelash batting!   ;)
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 06:09:00 pm »
YEAH!!!  Congrats!  I hope you gave hubby and doc a go "told you so!"!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 09:16:40 pm »
Yahooooo!!  Great news, and I agree that this little one was sooo meant to be especially since he or she wiggled through so many obsticles.  ;) ;D 

BTW, we have 3 boys and it's great!  Lots & lots of energy in this household.  ;D ::)  Since I grew up with all brothers and boy cousins and we have sons, I would have needed a crash course in girls if we'd had one.  LOL  ;D Though I would have adored a little girl, too.  Wishing you a happy & very easy pregnancy.  What a nice surprise, congratulation s to you both! 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 02:25:52 am »
Congrats to you!!!!!!! I hope you get your girl! Strange things don't show positive til you're that far along..lucky you to be out of the first tri already too! And no morning sickness? Well I could kick you. :P

I have a friend that is 14 weeks along too! This is #5 for her. :o

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 02:48:35 am »
thanks everybody! 

hubby told me there was "no way in h ee double l" i could be.  well, i guess he learned a lesson!  when i was pregnant with tristan, i went twice a week EVERY week to get a blood test (the clinic thought i had lost my mind) and they ALL came out negative until i was in my second trimester!  even then, i ended up just going to my OB and explaining to him what was going on and he asked me how they couldn't tell since i had a belly and all going!

i sure do hope it's a girl!  i grew up with just my mom and my sister, so until i had kids i had NO experience with boys.  talk about culture shock!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 02:53:28 am »
Congrats!!!  Sounds like you will have a wonderfully full house!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 03:31:39 am »
thanks everybody! 

hubby told me there was "no way in h ee double l" i could be.  well, i guess he learned a lesson!  when i was pregnant with tristan, i went twice a week EVERY week to get a blood test (the clinic thought i had lost my mind) and they ALL came out negative until i was in my second trimester!  even then, i ended up just going to my OB and explaining to him what was going on and he asked me how they couldn't tell since i had a belly and all going!

i sure do hope it's a girl!  i grew up with just my mom and my sister, so until i had kids i had NO experience with boys.  talk about culture shock!

haha, that's how it was with me. Just my mom and sis. When Jude came along it was definitely different. My mom still makes those boy comments because she isn't familiar with them either, haha..even growing up with 2 brothers.

So, how are you gonna prevent #4? lol.. That must be some super sperm. ;D That's still amazing me about it taking so long. My body kicks in full force within days of conception and there is no way I could mistake it, unfortunately. Though I don't show for 5 months..so that part is good.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 04:29:24 am »
Congratulation s Steffanie.  How exciting for you guys. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 04:34:08 am »
So, how are you gonna prevent #4? lol.. That must be some super sperm. ;D That's still amazing me about it taking so long. My body kicks in full force within days of conception and there is no way I could mistake it, unfortunately. Though I don't show for 5 months..so that part is good.

we have been BEGGING for a tubal or full hysterectomy since i had tristan.  all the doctors told me "what happens if something happens to one of your boys" to which i replied "that's why i have TWO kids" to which they ALWAYS say, "what if, god forbid, something happens to both of them" and i say, "if something happens to both of them chances are it will kill me too!"  both my mom and sister had kids after their tubal though, that's why i'm asking for a full.  my sis just had her second tubal, and is hoping that one will work, since she has FIVE kids!  i doubt i'll get a full hysterectomy, but ANYthing is better than not having anything at all but medicines, etc, right now.  hubby told me i should donate eggs, but honestly i'm terrified of needles!  what's ironic is that my cycles are so off, i only menstruate once or twice a year, if that, but manage to get pregnant TOO easy!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)