Author Topic: Kate the silly, silly girl...  (Read 5324 times)

k2campbell

Kate the silly, silly girl...
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:02:14 am »
Kind of a long story, but funny (or at least it was in person)...

So the other evening it was so nice out. Eric was doing some yard work in the backyard while I was sitting on a lawn chair, reading. Kate was in the yard with us, just hanging out. I got up after a while and looked around the yard, no Kate. Eric looked too, no Kate. So we started calling her. She barked and barked, but we couldn't see her!

So we walked "towards" her barking, we were standing right in front of the shed. No Kate. Opened up the shed - no Kate. What the heck?

Our shed is on an angle, we have a pie lot (so our back fence comes to a point where our shed is located). Believe it or not Kate got through the tiniest opening alongside the shed, and was stuck behind there!!! ::) ::) ::)

Of course I didn't want to panic, but I did. Not too good for my high blood pressure right now. Anyhow, Eric hopped the back fence to get back there with her. He was measuring her chest and hips with his hands, he was like "I have no idea how she fit through there, it just isn't possible". It was ridiculous. Kate was getting anxious to get out so I told Eric he'd better go ask to borrow the neighbours hacksaw, we'd have to just cut through the fence to get her out and worry about fixing it later...

So a few minutes passed, Kate is again barking, somewhat panicing...The n into the yard walks Eric, our neighbour (Jim) holding his cat, and his bro-in-law (I assume there for moral support).

I was like "what are you going to do with the cat" and Jim was like "oh we'll get Kate outta there without ruining your fence, don't you worry".

He let the cat (Missy) down, Kate and Missy DO NOT get along. Kate saw her and squeezed herself through the opening, I couldn't believe it even though I saw it with my own eyes  :o :o :o

Kate was fine, Missy was fine (Kate didn't catch her) and everyone was happy! What a silly Kate!!!  :D Needless to say, that night Eric nailed a big piece of wood in front of the tiny opening, so this doesn't happen again  ;)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Kate the silly, silly girl...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 10:17:34 am »
LOL that is too funny. WOOHOO Missy the hero!

Nina ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:42:51 am »
HAHAHAHAHAA!!  OMG I would have been flippin' out too but that is so funny, Missy saved the day! Jim knew exactly what he was doing! lol  ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:39:58 pm »
Hahaha! That is a hilarious story. I can't believe she fit through the hole and wiggled out to "get" her enemy.  ;D To bad you didn't have a camera on hand.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:50:30 am »
What a great story.  Kate is a goof..  Glad everyone is okay and I'm especially glad your neighbor is a very quick and sound problem solver.  I would have been bull dozing that poor shed or digging a hole the size of a swimming pool to get that baby out.  Thanks for the laugh.   ;D ;D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.