Author Topic: A lucky day  (Read 1735 times)

mama23+pyrs2

A lucky day
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:00 am »
Oh man, I'm still shaking. I just went to look out the back to check on the pups and I see the gate wide open!!!!!!!!! They are nowhere in sight and I freaked so I ran out calling Yukon since he responds better. I ran up to the street and saw both of them across and up the street several houses down in their front yard sniffing around. I was like crap, my toddler was inside watching tv so I hoped he would stay there and I took off calling them, no leash in hand. My first thought was oh no, they don't have their collars and tags on. I ran across and called Yukon who when he heard me, he started bounding to me tail wagging and Yiska followed. I got them by their scruffs and took them (well I had to drag Yukon) home. Just when we got to the gate Yukon decided he didn't want to go and took me down to my knees at the last minute, geez.

When I got back I saw a hole dug under one side of the gate so that they must have been able to push one side open far enough to go through. Man!!!! This is going to be interesting. Thank God they are still young enough and come to me, and that they managed to get across the street safely, ugh I want to cry thinking about it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:32:05 am by mama23+pyrs2 »

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: A lucky day
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:40:49 am »
I have to agree it is a lucky day for you! Thank God, they are OK! They are pretty smart and trying to get out of captivity, LOL! Now you have to make sure to go back and puppy proof your gate!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)