Author Topic: I have to brag about my Pupper!  (Read 3262 times)

lins_saving_grace

I have to brag about my Pupper!
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:23:44 pm »
I just got home from a 2 hour walk with Grace.  Normally this would be unheard of.  Rotts can't be out that long without eating someone's baby!  :) 
I took little one to "White Pines Trail" for some new scenery and there were lots of people, kids, dogs and bikers and runners.  Each time someone passed us (except for our first meeting on the trail of some big terrier looking scruffy dog), we did a sit and mind your manners and without incident.  One kid even barged into our personal space and rubbed our head.  we liked that. 
my pupper didn't pull me, jerk me, yank me, scare me or anyone else, or worry me.  i even drapped the leash around my neck and we walked without me holding onto either end for about a mile.  we walked so long Grace was slow and so relaxed.
That's just what we needed...a LONG walk on a cool breezy night at sunset time.   we cleared our heads and talked and bonded.  :)  not only is pupper really tired, but i am about the most happiest i've ever been in my life.  i have all the time in the world to do what i want and when i want to do it.  i get to do it with the best pupper ever too.  me and grace talked about all the other things we can do and the places we need to see and walk.  maybe she'll remember all the plans we made, cuz i don't. 
i just wanted to say, we are having the time of our lives...togeth er.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: I have to brag about my Pupper!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 01:49:23 pm »
Yay Lin and Gracie!  What a great success! :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:59:25 pm »
Way to go Lin and Grace!  Grace is such a good girl.  I'm glad you both had a wonderful walk and came up with a whole set of new adventures.  That's always fun!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:16:39 pm »
she really is your soul mate, what a wonderful bond you have!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 08:18:58 am »
2 really good days in a row.  today on the bike trail we minded our manners so much that we got 4 "beautiful dog" comments from different people.  :)  i was beaming with pride.
on the way home after spending 2 hours out...i stopped at Chow Hound since we're out of bones.  we marched into the store (grace still hates those automatic doors) and ran into a chiwawawa dog.  we wiggled our stubby and put our big nose into its face.  the poor little guy disappeared into grace's nostrils. 
then we saw a baby lab and we raced over to meet him.  his daddy was a little worried till he saw grace's stubby moving.  then we marched around the store to get my bones and mommy picked me up a peanut butter flavored rawhide that i came home and buried. 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:47:48 pm »
I am soooooooo happy for you both!  :)