Author Topic: Salutations!  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Zen_Qed

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Salutations!
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:59:18 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I am sort of new here, i've visited before but then we had some computer malfunctions and i poofed. Anyway i doubt anyone actually remembers me so i will reintroduce myself!

my name is Beth and i'm just outside of phoenix arizona. We have two little girls, Emerald will be 3yrs old in July and Aria just turned 6mo's. I also have a husband who keeps telling me he is an adult but i think he is a two year old in disguise.

The Critters in our family include Five cats (two mutts, two devonshire rex and a bengal.) Five Mice, some Fish and a tarantula.

We also have Fiona, a female Solomon island Eclectus, Raphael a male Vos Eclectus and Omelette a Miligold (blue and gold/military) macaw.

The four legged critters in our family are Serenity a two year old Fila Brasileiro, Trip Underfoot a 5mo old male saint bernard and the newest member of our family Sir Robin (name may not stick) a 9wk old brindle male great dane.

We are currently doing puppy training classes with Trip and he's the smartest dog in his class! (there is only one other dog in his puppy class but it makes him feel special.) He had his first trip to the dog park a few days ago...we waited until he had his full set of puppy shots and had been neutered.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!!  one question tho, what happened to the paw prints? they seemed to have vanished.

~Beth
The Zoo
------
Trip Underfoot: Saint
Kimball: Dane
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro
Five Cats
Six Mice
Five Parrots
Four Keets
and siiix tiel's in a pear tree!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:42:27 pm »
Hi Beth, I remember you!  I always liked Trip Underfoot's name and he's getting so big.  What a cool name and great pics of your cute pups!

I'm mom to our 3 kids, kitties, and Daisy the Golden mix, and Sammy & Cassie Pyrs. 

Welcome back!!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:43:12 pm »
I remember you too! and how could we forget Trip! ;D Wow he has gotten big. Also congrats on your new addition.. Sir Robin is adorable.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:18:07 pm »
Glad to see you made it back  :) Love the new addition, wow you have your hands full now  ;D post tons of pics, and try not to loose us again ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:09 pm »
Welcome back to the group.

I have to agree with Stella... you've got great taste.  

My name is Cindy and I am guardian to The Brindle Pack.  My Miss Tyra looked just like your Sir Robin when she was a pup.  Did you get him there in Phoenix?

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 02:36:44 am »
Hey Beth!  Welcome back, love the pics!  Congrats on the new furkid!!  ;D

Offline Zen_Qed

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 03:50:47 am »
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes Trip is growing in huge leaps and bounds we weighed him last thursday and he was up to
53lbs already!

Unfortunately he is growing to fast tho, even tho he is on a low protein adult dog food. He is having "Growing pains" in his back leg on and off and has to be on pain meds for them. The vet did a bunch of X-rays to make sure his joints were fine and they came back with good results. Her diagnosis is that he is suffering muscle cramps and spasms. Poor pup.. he is in the middle of a growth spurt tho and i swear you can see him getting taller over night.

Sir Robin is hillarious to me since he is roughly the same size Trip was when we got him home.. and i look at him and know that in a few months he will have gone from being able to walk under our mastiff to being almost as tall as she is..gaaaadzook s

Cindy, Robin came from a breeder here in phoenix. We were looking at her puppies for about a week before even thinking we needed a dane. Then we went to the dog park to hang out with the phoenix giant dog play group and after playing with danes for a few hours my hubby wanted to get one of our own.

So i did some research asked about the breeders rep ect. We knew we wanted either a brindle or a fawn and the breeder we got Rob from had both. We went and visited the puppies then went home to think about it. The next afternoon we went back over and played with them some more and then brought Rob home.

I honestly was not sure if it was going to work out so we have the option of bringing him back within the next few days.. tho i think it'll work out fine. Rob was very shy when we picked him up but once we got him home that changed completely.

I think i am a little insane for dealing with two pups at the same time especially in the middle of parrot breeding season but having a sense of humor helps me from getting overwhelmed.
The Zoo
------
Trip Underfoot: Saint
Kimball: Dane
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro
Five Cats
Six Mice
Five Parrots
Four Keets
and siiix tiel's in a pear tree!