Author Topic: PEYTON NEEDS HELP!  (Read 3467 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
PEYTON NEEDS HELP!
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:15:42 am »
Hi all, Peyton seems to be trying to throw up. She hadn't gotten into anything, that I know of. I am not sure if maybe she got some bark or what. I looked in her mouth and can't see anything. I very lightly stuck my finger in and did a sweep, and still nothing. She keeps drinking alot of water. She doesn't have any distress symptoms. She is still happy go lucky puppy attitude...I then tried to gag her in hopes I could help...still nothing.

Does anyone elses dog do this????

Oh, we were outside playing a bit...but nothing too much (it's too hot today)
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: PEYTON NEEDS HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:26:05 am »
It almost seems like a "having a night mare snort in my sleep" kinda noise. I hope that makes sense!

We have no chemicals outside where she was (or in general actually) or inside that she could have gotten into. It seems to be about every 10 mins or so. Before I got on here she had been about every 2.

I am not sure if she is still hot for our 3 mins walk! or what!!!

No, it's not a productive sound that she has goin on. Nothing is coming up.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 09:36:13 am »
So umm...I just went to check on her again...

She swallowed...

A BUG!

I saw it, she finally got it out...it was still moving...so I am assuming the thing was trying to get out!

(looked like a very small beattle thing)

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:38:52 am »
Silly Peyton.....sto p scaring your mommy. Glad she is ok and you got to see what it was.  ;)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:40:20 am »
okay so apparently she is still having a problem, I am thinking that she just has the scratchy throat still. She is still doing it.

maybe there is another one or something...bu t she is still doing it. Hmm...I wonder?! aaak! I want a x-ray machine!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 09:41:27 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Don't you hate it when they get us all scared over something so silly! Glad everything...u m...came out OK!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 10:23:41 am »
Have you ever heard kennel cough? It kinda sounds like they are hacking/trying to get something up and also taking deep snorty breathes in. It sounds awful but it's really just like having a human cold. Phelan had it, it scared the crap out of me, and yes sometimes it looked like he was trying to throw up, or he hacked so hard he gagged, but a couple days later it was all done....Try googling it.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 11:25:29 am »
Have you ever heard kennel cough? It kinda sounds like they are hacking/trying to get something up and also taking deep snorty breathes in. It sounds awful but it's really just like having a human cold. Phelan had it, it scared the crap out of me, and yes sometimes it looked like he was trying to throw up, or he hacked so hard he gagged, but a couple days later it was all done....Try googling it.

Hahahaha! Of course! That sounds about right! My boyfriend's sisters dog had that and yeah, it does sound exactly the same! But, I am still gonna call the vet tomorrow to make sure.

Another thought, I just got a Nylabone for her and she loves the thing. Could that be another contributer? She got it yesterday and this morning (my boyfriend just told me) was when she started her coughing. She already "naw-ed" one part of it off...are they supposed to get chewed that fast??? (it's a cheese flavored giant bone...not actually an "edible" nyla)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 11:40:07 am »
I was just reading more about kennel cough and the description of it sounds like what she is doing. The coughs and then the gagging sound. Not really honking. In the description it said that the human form would be "whooping cough" and my brother had that as a kid...and it sounds EXACTLY like how he did!

But, what confuses me...she hasn't been around any dogs in the last week and a half. And to my knowledge, the dogs that she had contact with were fine. So...anywho... thanks for the help! The bug was just a thrill I guess! Hehe! Now that I know she does like to eat bugs...I am gonna be more aware outside where bees are!!! Saw a thing on Animal Planet Emergancy Vet that puppies can die from a bee sting...so gonna be on the look out!