BPO Introduction Forum > Introduce Yourself to the Forum

New to BPO

(1/2) > >>

SirdanceAlot:
Im new to BPO and to Forums in general.  I have a 4 month old Rhodesain Ridgeback. His name is Spazz-malik.  (I call him spazz)  Im not sure if he is even concidered a BPO.  Im in the military, stationed in Germany.  I am single so my baby is home by himself from 7-5.  I have friends that come feed him and walk him at lunch.  He is adjusting beautifully.  Im getting a ferret on Friday.  Hoping it can be his playmate.  He tears up his little stuffed toys i get him.  Is it possible to socialize him with a ferret at 4 months?

SirdanceAlot:
LOL ;D Thanks for that.  I realized i was on sombody elses post after I did it.  Im such a noob.  ;-)

LibbyP:
Good idea to move this Holly ~ I saw it but thought it might get lost...

Welcome, I'm Kim ~ SAHM to 2 skin kids & a hubby, a big and a med paw and 2 crazy kitty paws. I must warn you this forum is VERY addictive and demanding (we expect pics)Sorry I have no advice about ferrets ~ others will be on to help

GoldenPyrs:
Hi & welcome!  I can't wait to see some pics of Spazz.  Unfortunately I don't know about ferrets either, but I'm sure someone here will be along to help.  I'm the busy mom of 3 kids, Daisy our Golden mix, Sammy & Cassie our Pyrs and our kitties.  Right now I'm trying to type while being bumped by Sammy's nose.  He says that it's time to pet him.  ;D  I'll be curious to hear more about your ferrets.  We recently saw some ferret babies at the pet store and our son's still talking about them. 

chaosndestruction:
Hi i'm bri! We have 5 dogs (3 husky mixes and 2 little dogs) in our house and 6 ferrets and all of the dogs except Arisha get along with the ferrets. Arisha has some wolf in her back ground and will generally leave the ferrets alone unless they get into her area then she will give them a warning nip.

The key is to introduce the dog to ferret while young and make sure you supervise them while they play! Keela my puppers has known ferrets since she was 8 weeks old! She'll lay there and let my ferret Pixel bite her nose and she won't even fuss about it! They play Peek-a-boo under the china hutch too!

So the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to supervise all ferret/dog interaction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version