Author Topic: Yet Another Surprise :)  (Read 5583 times)

angelsmama

Re: Yet Another Surprise :)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 04:42:28 am »
my ingredients for a baby??? restless night , a few cans of sparks (energy drink w/alcohol) , and your SO his drink of choice.. combine those together and it's bound to lead to two pink lines  :D :D

worked for me anyways haha

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 04:44:47 am »
Congratulation s Kristina! You are certainly a brave woman! I am so scared to think about "maybe" first pregnancy that I can't even imagine times four! Good luck I hope you feel better soon!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:45:43 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 05:07:02 am »
Wow , congratulation s ! I always get severe morning sickness and end up in the ER for IV's . My doctors have always gave me medecines to help with the nausia , and if you're too sick to swallow the pill they even have a cream you just rub on your hand !
I'm aweful with smells too ! With my last baby , the smell of my sugar gliders made it so I could hardly even come downstairs , I would get so sick ! I know it sounds funny , but I was desperate since I never have anyone to help me around the house .... I started putting good smelling things up my nose .LMAO  ;D Like ,I'd peel an orange for the kids and put some of the juice up my nose .... Or smelly lotions ..well ,I'd put them above my lip . Whatever I could do to mask the smells that drove me nuts ! Candles and Febreeze helped me too . Good luck !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 09:08:22 am »
lol you guys crack me up.

I have stuck some essential oils in my nose and it worked temporarily! I can handle like lemon and citrus smells, not sweet smells or god forbid I can't even handle smelling the toaster oven cooking toast, GAG. I smell garlic EVERYWHERE and want to die. I've always had real bad morning sickness, but I've always been able to handle it, this one has really thrown me. I bought a bunch of plug ins, but I can't even smell them over the other smells my nose keeps smelling. Tonight I got some Glade carpet powder and this air filter freshner thing, see if that works!

If my other ones were this bad, I don't think I would be on #4. :-X Pure h*ll!

Icerotti

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 09:36:32 am »
Congrats!! :o  You must be so excited. I was very sick with Lexi too.  For whatever reason chocolate milk worked for me. I too could not handle many smells...most of the cooking smells drove me crazy. I hope that part all goes away soon for you and yo have an easy pregnancy from here on in.  ;D

angelsmama

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 10:41:07 am »
coffee & milk would get me. even the smell of milk , oh god... i was bad

Anakalia

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 10:53:57 am »
Congrats!!! I was sick all 9 months I had a heck of a time! lol 

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 12:37:58 pm »
lol you guys crack me up.

I can handle like lemon and citrus smells, not sweet smells or god forbid I can't even handle smelling the toaster oven cooking toast, GAG.

A while back I read somewhere that the smell of lemon is supposed to help morning sickness.  It stuck in my head b/c I remembered that lemon was one smell that I could handle when I was pregnant. So it's interesting that lemon is ok for you, too.  Maybe you can mask the other odors with lemon?  I hope that something works for you.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees