Author Topic: New - Intro to Hiro  (Read 15324 times)

Offline Shotokan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New - Intro to Hiro
« on: May 11, 2007, 05:54:04 am »
Hi Everyone!  Hiro is an Akita mix, but so far he is all Akita!!  The picture in my signature is from about a month ago when he was only weighing in at 5 pounds!  He will be 4 months old on the 18th, is 11 pounds and growing at the rate of a St. Bernard according to the vet! Dr.Pat said that he is doing great though!  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing pictures of your babies!

I'll try to post a newer picture this weekend.

Holly
Holly Owned by: 
Jake, 4 YO Rat Terrier
Hiro, 4 Month Old Akita Mix

Offline Cazzie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Slave to Amba
    • View Profile
Re: New - Intro to Hiro
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 06:18:55 am »
hi & Welcome Holly!!!
I'm cazz im owned by Storm (newfy) & Amby(boston terrier)
looking forward to seeing lots of piccies!!!
Proudly owned by Amba - Boston terrier
                 Merlin - Exotic Short hair cat
                 Harley - Ragdoll cat
RIP...Stormy & Balki - my Newfoundland Angels

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 06:23:03 am »
Welcome! I'm Kristina and have 2 Great Pyrs (Yukon and Yiska) that are going on 5 months old at the end of the month.

Look forward to seeing pics as well!

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 06:38:47 am »
Hi Holly! And Welcome to you and Hiro! (Love the name) I'm Jane and I'm "owned by" 2 Pyrs, "Rainbow" and "Whisper". & three horses, Commander, Valley, & Bugsy. Can't wait to see more PICS of your Baby and hear his story.  :D He looks like a soft and cuddly teddy bear.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 06:46:32 am »
hi!  do you know what he's mixed with?  he sure is a cutie!  i'm mom to all the babies in my signature  below and 2 skin boys and a baby on the way.  i'm sure you'll love it here!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 03:44:06 am »
Welcome to Big Paws, In the picture he looks like a fluffy  pup! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear about him!! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

lorim2

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 10:36:36 pm »
Hi Holly!  Welcome...Your baby is precious and cant wait for more pics!

Offline Shotokan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:43 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I have some more pictures that DH took today.

We don't know what Hiro is mixed with, but the vet said to expect a large dog!!  That will be a huge change for us since Jake, our Rat Terrier is only 17 pounds.....Hir o is as big as him now!

He is a doll though and potty training well very sweet and loves tummy rubs!

Hopefully the images worked......
Holly Owned by: 
Jake, 4 YO Rat Terrier

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:13:13 am »
i wouldn't worry about size!  our great dane is over 120lbs now, and his BEST friend is out 3 1/2 lb chihuahua!  they're always together, and they do great.  it's funny, because diesel (dane) was about 9 months old when we got peanut (chihuahua).  our akita is about 140lbs (he's a freak) and he also does great with peanut!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:15:31 am »
Hiro is ADORABLE! You must be a fan or "Heroes" like me! That is the best show on TV right now. Your Hiro is such a cutie. He stole my heart!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 11:59:45 am »
hello and welcome to BPO!
Hiro is adorable!  What a little fluffball!

My name is Chris, and I am currently owned by Keiko, a 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:35:41 pm »
Hiro is so cute.  Welcome to BPO.  I'm Misty and owned by Gracie English Mastiff and Rosco GSD/Rotti mix and our cat Linus the true boss of the house.  Glad you found it here and I can't wait to see all the cute pictures of your puppy.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Shotokan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:14:04 pm »
Thanks everyone!  I can't wait to see what he looks like when he grows up!

Sounds like almost everyone has several dogs/cats that seem to get along great in the house!  I have to admit Stephanie, that I was a little worried about how big Hiro might be compared to Jake - I feel better now after hearing about your little one....

Does anyone have the problem with their dogs "swimming" in there water dish?  Hiro does this almost everytime he drinks and water is EVERYWHERE.... ..we've tried different dishes but he still does it.....any ideas?
Holly Owned by: 
Jake, 4 YO Rat Terrier

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 10:04:12 pm »
is he drooling or is he sloshing?  they make bowls that are for basset hounds (or other dogs with long ears) that look like a pyramid and it doesn't slosh as bad either, but if it's drool there's really no way around it.  here's a pic of diesel and peanut, and then one so you can see how your pup "might" come out ha ha.  axle's 4 years old, 140lbs, and 32" at the shoulder (he's a freak, too big for the breed).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:05:30 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:48 pm »
Thanks everyone!  I can't wait to see what he looks like when he grows up!

Sounds like almost everyone has several dogs/cats that seem to get along great in the house!  I have to admit Stephanie, that I was a little worried about how big Hiro might be compared to Jake - I feel better now after hearing about your little one....

Does anyone have the problem with their dogs "swimming" in there water dish?  Hiro does this almost everytime he drinks and water is EVERYWHERE.... ..we've tried different dishes but he still does it.....any ideas?

Are you sure that Hiro doesn't have some Newf in him? He looks VERY Landseer to me and the swimming in the water bowl thing would be a big ol' Newf Red Flag to me!!!

Either way, he's CUTE! I had a Newf foster once and there was NOTHING I could do to keep her out of her water bowl. We just had to put it in the bathroom and mop constantly.

I love the name, I've got a good friend named Hiro from Japan. Short for Hirobumi.

Welcome! I'm Nicole, and I share my home with Cabeza, a Chow/Newf X, 3 kitties, a boyfriend and a 13 year old daughter!