Author Topic: Peyton's big day at petsmart...with lots of blood.  (Read 3266 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Peyton's big day at petsmart...with lots of blood.
« on: May 11, 2007, 08:48:38 am »
Today after work I took Peyton to Petsmart to get her nails trimmed. She needed it BAD! She had a hang nail on one. They were ALMOST to the point where there was no if ands or buts about it.
Well everything was peachy when we got there, she was happy go lucky like she normally is and well, she jumped on this man who was goofing around with her and on the way back down she slid down his leg. He was wearing shorts and her long nails sliced him open. Oh man, it was a gushin. But, he understood. I was appologizing CONSTINTLY! He kept saying it is okay, he has thin skin and understands. He kept playing with Peyton as his wife was holding papertowel on his leg/calf.
The folks at Petsmart had to go get the FIRSTAID kit and WRAP GAUZE around his whole leg. Oh I felt awful. Terribly awful. I kept trying to give him my info like phone numbers and such. But he kept saying it was okay and she was just excited and that I should actually look into Dremeling her nails instead of just trimming them. SO WE DID!!! Had to after that!!!  :-[
The woman who did it said that Peyton did extremely well for a puppy her age. She was sitting most of the time! Oh she did so well.

Too bad she made someone bleed.

We also got her a PINK harness. So everyone will stop saying "he is so cute!" and then feel bad when I say something about her and say "she". C'mon I totally get it...she has a COLTS leash for darn sake! But hopefully the pink harness with the COLTS leash will help out her identity issue! Hehehe! We also got some Sour Apple. The vet at the Petsmart who helped me pick out the harness told me that since she is a pup she will chew on her new harness so get the sour apple stuff.

Anyway...she did very well riding in the cart! I didn't let her walk on the floors. She is not fully immunized yet...so I didn't want her walking on the floors. I was gonna go to the vets and get her nails done there...but they were already closed. And her nails would have been too long (in my eyes!) to be done on Monday.

Anyway...it's shame she made someone bleed...but other than that...she did GREAT!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

mama23+pyrs2

Re: Peyton's big day at petsmart...with lots of blood.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 08:54:01 am »
Awww, I'm glad she did well! Too bad she she cut somebody but she couldn't help it! At least he was really understanding. I know about the nail thing. I just clipped my pups nails this afternoon and they were BAAAAAAD. Since they have double dewclaws, those were even longer!!

I've never taken mine to the pet stores yet, that would be an experience I'm sure lol. Too bad you didn't get a pic of her in the cart lol, that would have been cute. By the way, we need to see new pics! ;)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 09:01:00 am »
this is her and her easter bunny. she was only about 10 weeks in this pic though.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 09:03:29 am »
this is about the same time also

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 09:07:33 am »
Aww she's so pretty! How old is she now? I bet she's changed a lot.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:29:48 am »
Thank you. She is gonna be 13 weeks tomorrow (I think)! She was born on Feb 24th. So that would be...let me do the math real quick <as I take out my cell to use the calculator and possibly the calender>...I'm counting only 11 weeks. Hmm...so maybe she is a big girl for her age! Hehe! So that means we actually got her at 6 weeks and not 7 weeks. WOW! Anyway...here are a few more pics of her. The goofy looking one (wind blown look) is my absolute fave!!! They are all taken in the last few days.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 09:36:07 am »
Yeah, wow she's young! She's so cute, she's gonna grow into those ears! Awwww..it looks like she's showing off her new crate hahah.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 09:47:37 am »
here is one I just took. Oh...haha...Sh e can't even stand up on her hind legs anymore in her crate!

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 11:01:03 pm »
Wow she is adorable. I agree with Stella the dremmel really cuts down on the splitting and chipping. I have been just usung clippers latley and have noticed they get sharp edges to the nail.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:54 pm »
Peyton is super cute and I could see how the Colts Leash would lead people to believe she's a boy ;) I think i may have to try the dremmel too after hearing that story, i feel worst for you!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 03:33:47 am »
Awww, she is adorable! It must be so frustrating when people mistake her for a HE. My sister tries not to get fumble girly collars that she likes because she doesnt want people to mistake him but he is so big that most just assume hes a he.
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!