Author Topic: A few Indiana Big Paws Needing Homes...I can help transport or whatever!  (Read 1101 times)

Nicole

Just thought I'd bring these guys to everyone's attention:

1378221 - dog:Afghan Hound
Lebanon, IN Alena asentir@iupui.edu 5-09-2007 
Name: Alf
Sex:M
Size:L
I have an Afghan Hound rescue available for adoption. He was intended as a show dog, until his handler realized he had hip dysplasia. He has been evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon who says that he won't need surgery, but may need to be on Rimadyl as he ages. I took him in to find him a forever home. He's good with other animals (even cats), but will need to be introduced to any large dogs--sometimes he's scared of them. He is fantastically crate trained, good around older kids (all he's been exposed to), walks nicely on a leash w/ his gentle leader. He will require a 6 foot fence, a shorter fence plus invisible fencing, or an owner who loves to walk or run daily. He's lazy in the house, and doesn't shed anymore than a human woman with long hair. He's currently in a clipped coat, but can be shaved into a "saluki" clip so that bathing is easy. He has been recently neutered and had his teeth cleaned--an adoption fee does apply. Email asentir@iupui.edu for pics and more info--serious inquiries only. 

1378458 - dog:Bernese Mountain Dog
Alexandria, IN (765)635-3931 Martin Smith turtlegirl43@sbcglobal.net 5-10-2007 
Name: Frodo
Size:XL
Frodo is a great dog that needs exercise and lots of love. He was my friends dog, and she could not take care of him anymore. He is living with me until I can find him a home. He is great with kids. (All big dogs need to be supervised around kids though.) Frodo weighs about 120 pounds, sheds a lot, and eats a lot. He is great with other dogs and cats. Frodo tricks are sit, down, high five, shake, and play dead. He is up for adoption at $200. You can contact: Martin Smith at (765)635-3931 or Ashley Smith at (765)621-9369 

1378344 - dog:Bloodhound
Plymouth, IN Heather hbutterfly77@hotmail.com 5-09-2007 
Name: Cletis
Size:L
Cletis is a 2 yr. old bloodhound, he is good with kids and other dogs. He needs to have a home with a fenced in yard or be on a farm or be a hunting dog. His adoption fee is $150 

Nicole

*BUMP*