Author Topic: Opppps we slipped.  (Read 3448 times)

lins_saving_grace

Opppps we slipped.
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:36:26 am »
but i don't feel so bad about it.

i went to Lydel Park tonight with Grace.  I was being lazy, but wanted to try out our new manners at the park where she has been known to growl at people.
well we were doing fine.  we took a lap and were headed back to the Jeep when this lady walks up.
me not thinking, kept going as to alert my little burgler alarm.  The lady caught even me off gaurd.  i made Grace sit and mind her manners like always when the lady spoke.  oh no!!!  please don't speak!!!  she said "you got a hold of that dog?"  and i'm thinking here it comes...my first verbal chaststation.  She also told Grace to "sit!" sternly.  but there was fear in her voice and she pointed.  OH GOD OH GOD NO!!!!!   
Grace went a little crazy and barked and jumped.  i did have a hold on her...but the lady did the next unthinkable.  she RAN!!!!!!!!!!!  oh wait please wait!!!!  i thought.  but she ran and ran till she was safe with her adult son and grandkid where she persisted on shaking her finger at me and telling me "that dog oughta be put to sleep!"  her son, thank god said this: "Mom!? you acted scared!"  he comforted her a little and i felt the stare from her stabbing me in the back so i turned and got another boney finger shaken in my direction so i loudly spoke something only sailors say and i know she heard me.  i asked Grace if she thought if that mean old crazy lady should be put to sleep instead. 
so we came home ... my first public scolding.  we can only walk on the bike trail i guess. 

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Opppps we slipped.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:43:08 am »
I agree with you, Some people need to be put to sleep ::) :D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:42 am »
me too.  i had a woman once RUN up to me (literally) when i was walking 6 dogs (mine plus my neighbors) and says a little too loud "are you a DOG WALKER??"  i said, "no, i'm just that freaky person who likes dogs who ironically hate overly friendly people also!"
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:23:40 am »
Hahahahahahahaha, I absolutely LOVE your come back.  It was perfect.  Well, a good old fashioned bi*** slap would have been better.  But that was second best.
i thought about that but i wasn't sure if she had taken her meds.  she seemed a little off somehow. 
and i'm trying to curb my foul mouth but it doesn't seem to be working ... there may be no cure for the four letter word terretts.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:02:13 am »
The nerve of some people!!!!!! OMG   Some people should not be allowed out in public.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:41:31 am »
Ooooh, that lady would have been more scared if Gunther had been there......... lol.  He really dislikes running people ever since last year when he had a bad experience with a stupid, stupid kid who kept charging him.

I have to keep a close eye now b/c if there is someone running, Gunther will in no uncertain terms tell them that it is not allowed....... ....chasing them the entire way until they stop.