Author Topic: shivering and pain?? any relation?  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
shivering and pain?? any relation?
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:00:14 am »
Hey all... i noticed tonight when fumble laid down on my lap that he shivered a little when he tried to readjust.  is that cause he was in pain trying to move (from the tplo?)  just being a nervous ninny, i know! but i was just curious if anyone knew of any shivering/shaking relation to pain in dogs, or was it just that he was sitting wrong and htat's how he expressed his discomfort??
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: shivering and pain?? any relation?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:09:32 am »
i know some dogs we've had before have shaken when they got hurt.  if he's still on pain medicine though, that could be why also.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:31:31 am »
I know some dogs will shiver when in pain.  My two ratties will shiver and shake when they're not feeling well, or if they have to go to the bathroom REALLY bad.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:10:18 am »
thanks everyone. i think it was just cause he sat funny and that was his way to show pain... but he seems fine since! thanks again! i'm just so nervous about everything now!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:58:11 am »
Many dogs will pant or shiver or BOTH when they are in pain. Or some just scream, lol.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:38:05 pm »
I was just going to say the same thing as Brownis.  My guys have either shivered or or would pant when they were hurting.  Shivering also could be because of the pain medication, nerves or muscle wasting.  IE if the muscles are weakened and aren't strong enough to hold him in a certain position and get tired quickly.

Poor Fumbs, give that sweet boy a hug from me.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.