Author Topic: we're moving........????????  (Read 3482 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
we're moving........????????
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:24:59 am »
well..  i just found out we're getting...reas signed...   ???   apparently, hubby got told today that we are "probably" getting reassigned to a new recruiting station in our home town.  talk about out of the blue.  we find out next week or the week after if they're sending us, and then if we do get reassigned we'll be moved within 4 months...?  i guess it would make things a ton easier, but it's kind of a shock since we just bought this house a year ago, being told we'd be here (no doubt) for at least 3 years.  i guess i learned my lesson!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: we're moving........????????
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:29:59 am »
Should I say congratulation s? In these situations I always think "whatever happens happens for a reason!"

I love moving BUT I hate packing and unpacking
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline morph's mom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Morpheus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:32:04 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHHA Aint military life grand????  That sounds like awesome news though.  I think??? Being closer to family will be nice but you just bought your house soo that suxes.  But that is all part of the game.  It will all work out for the best and I am happy for you.  So where do you think you are gonna be stationed at????
Morpheus Mastidane 1 yr

A. J. Keeshound  3 yr

Dogs are really people with short legs in fur coats

"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." - Christopher Morley

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." - Andrew A. Rooney

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:50 am »
i love being close to family...  for short periods lmao.  hubby's family is very smothering.  anywho, the station (the one we think we'll be going to if they pull us) is in gautier, mississippi.  we're from pascagoula, the next town over, which is where my mom, and most of his family live.  my dad lives 15 minutes north of gautier, and my sister about 45 minutes away.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:38:42 am »
thing's do happen for a reason, so maybe it will be a great thing.  I can understand the frustration of leaving a house you just bought though. Do you think you'll be able to sell it quickly and be ok profit-wise?
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:37:21 am »
i would think so.  it's a nice enough house, and in a great neighborhood.  we've fixed a lot of the problems with it already, and we're only asking the amount that we owe on it, not how much we bought it for a year ago.  not to mention property prices have gone up in our neighborhood this past year because of new things in the area.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:14:21 am »
Well, should I say congrats?  ;D

That's recruiting for ya.  Hubby got "reassigned" if thats what you can even call it, a total of 3 times in 4 yrs.  He had to move 3 of those 4 times.  And he ended up back where he started from, go figure.  I hope it treats your hubby better than it treated mine, recruiting is a tough job that I wouldn't curse on my worst enemy.  B/c of some shady doings behind the scenes it almost cost him his job, and he wasn't even involved in anything.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:09:09 pm »
so far (for the past year) it's been ok.  except the back stabbing.  people in his station are very cruel, unfortunately, and wouldn't help anyone out if they were drowning right in front of them.  they sure are quick to start "hearsay" though.  i'm sure you know how these things go, though.  one woman there had the nerve to say all people from the south ate pork and were stupid (IE in regards of literally being special ed).  she scored a 20 on the ASVAB.  i'm from the gulf coast, don't eat pork, and made an 87 on the asvab.  that one really got under my skin.  with the people, in that perspective, i am glad that we're getting moved. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 09:28:29 am »
update is that the orders will be cut in 30-60 days, it's official now.  we also had someone contact us today (friend of a friend) wanting to come out sunday and look at possibly buying the house. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 09:40:44 am »
Wow, good luck! I hope they wanna buy!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:38 am »
i'm crossing fingers!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:51:04 am »
Wow, it's all happening fast.  I hope that it goes really smoothly for you.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees