Author Topic: Sierra started kindergarten.  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Sierra started kindergarten.
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:37:50 pm »
Well, my girl started kindergarten this past Tuesday.  They started off letting the puppies play with and get to know each other.  Sierra, being a Newfie, was the biggest dog there, with the exception of a Goldendoodle.

My sweet, outgoing, playful puppy was also the biggest sissy of the group!  She sat leaning against my legs watching the others and hiding her face when another puppy came up to her.  She finaly started playing with a Westie.  The other puppy smacked at Sierra to start a wrestling macth and Sierra turned tail and ran and peked out from behind my step-daughter's legs.  LOL!  It was so funny!  I can't believe my dog is such a chicken!  Looks like more puppy to puppy socialization is in order...

The actual training part went well and Sierra was praised for already knowing how to sit when asked.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Sierra started kindergarten.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:44:38 pm »
Good for both of you!!! Just make sure to bring her absolutely favorite treats and it will be her very best place to be! Keep us posted on the progress  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:51:30 pm »
Good for Sierra, she's in school now!  I'm sure that with more puppy play time that she'll come out of her shell a bit more.  I bet she looked so cute peeking out of her hidey spot.   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:06:22 am »
i'm glad class went so well!  it's so much fun to be in one!  with axle, when he was a puppy, we took our first ever dog class.  axle had a dog come up and "squeak" at him and axle ran off yelping.  he was more than triple the other dog's sizes except we had one adult dog that was in the class he was the same size as.  anywho, how many puppies are in your class?  you gotta make sure and share the graduation pic when you get it!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:19:48 am »
Awe~!  Sounds like Sierra will have a lot of fun, once she comes out of her shell  :)

That reminded me of Woody's training classes.  When we were in advanced, and left the dogs at a "down stay" and left the room, he would lay there watching the door and whining for me.  The instructor always told me he was a Momma's boy :-)
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 04:01:46 am »
I hope she comes out of her shell.  I sat there laughing the whole time because she was such a chicken.  She visited every person there, but avoided the other pups...

She should be fine though.  We were sitting next to a cute little german shep pup and she starting making friends with him towards the end of class.  I just have to laugh because she looked SO SCARED when we first walked in.  The last time I saw her look that scared was when we brought her home for the first time and took her away from her first family.

There's about 15 dogs in the class.  She'll graduate in 6 weeks.  Graduation pictures will be shared!!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer