Author Topic: new Newfs to BPO  (Read 3686 times)

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
new Newfs to BPO
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:22 am »
Greetings from Elvis, Stitch & Audrey....Laur en too(mom must type)My husband couldn't find and addicts group for giant dogs anonymous, so here we are! I have had so much fun looking at everyones pics and wow am I glad I'm not the only one with this big dog mania! I'm sooo releaved.
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: new Newfs to BPO
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:25:06 am »
Beautiful boys! Welcome, you'll be addicted in no time! ;D
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:37:18 am »
Welcome!!  I think that 3 big dogs is a great (starting...tee hee) number!  ;)  We have 3 also.  Daisy is our 8 yr old Golden Retriever/Yellow Lab mix, Cassie is our 2 yr old Pyr and Sammy is our 3-5 yr old Pyr (he was rescued by AC from an extremely abusive home, so we don't know his age).  We've always had 2 dogs in our home, so adding Cassie & Sammy both (in Feb & March) was a change for us, but we love our little pack and now we're thinking that 3 isn't so many after all.  :)  I'm glad that you found us and you'll find lots of support & info here.   
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:27:08 am »
Welcome to BPO! Your newfs are gorgeous! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Cazzie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Slave to Amba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:15:48 pm »
Hi & welcome!!!
your furkids are gorgeous!!
Proudly owned by Amba - Boston terrier
                 Merlin - Exotic Short hair cat
                 Harley - Ragdoll cat
RIP...Stormy & Balki - my Newfoundland Angels

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 01:34:45 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome, Your Saint warms my heart. I had a Saint named Rosebud when I was a little girl. I have been in love with giant breeds from that moment on. Three years ago we were ready for a dog and my husband said no way to a Saint because he knew how big they get. I tricked him into a Newf! I said they are like a Golden...just black ;) He was in love with Elvis from day 1. He is 185lbs now. OOps...just a bit larger than a golden. 
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 01:47:02 pm »
Thank you for the warm welcome. It is said that Newfs are like potatoe chips....you can't just have one. :D I think that goes for all big paws. Hats off to you for rescue. We have fostered Newfs waiting to rehome. So many people don't understand what it means to share your life with a dog. They own US! When my 10yr old son says "mom, you don't have issues, you have subscriptions" just because the cookies in the oven are for the dogs and not him!  ;D

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 10:20:53 pm »
Welcome to BPO! Your newfs are gorgeous!

My hubby has wanted a Newf for a long as I can remember and I wanted a Saint. So we were suppose to get one of each but then Lola kind of found us. So we have 2 Saints. :D I'm sure one day he will get his wish and hopefully we have a bigger house by then. hahaha

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 10:23:32 pm »
Welcome, what pretty dogs! I have brother and sister Pyr pups. Look forward to seeing more pics! :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 10:39:04 pm »
Your guys are gorgeous.  My pups are listed below.  Welcome to the board.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 10:59:20 pm »
Beautiful newfs!  Welcome to BPO!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!