Author Topic: Izzy update  (Read 2567 times)

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Izzy update
« on: May 17, 2007, 12:34:38 pm »
   Well, this update is a long time coming. Some of you may remember me, in that many months ago, DH and I had to return our wonderful Newf, Izzy, to rescue for reasons beyond our control. I haven't been around much since, but I figure that many of you would appreciate hearing the happy ending to our less than happy story.

When I first brought Izzy (originally Grizzly)home, he and I had our picture taken and put into the Newf club newsletter. A longtime club member, who hadn't had a Newf in many years, remarked to the rescue coordinator that Izzy had a very sweet face, and that there had been a lot of great dogs in rescue lately. So, when Izzy had to return to rescue, who do you think they called? I dropped Izzy off at their house as a new foster, and got to watch him play with their five Welsh corgis and two cats. If I could have handpicked a couple to leave Izzy with, they would be it. Well, needless to say, Izzy didn't stay a foster for long. He has several corgi sibling, feline siblings, a fenced acre to play in, and a retired dad to hang out with him and take him for walks. He's now going by Grizz, and is incredibly happy.

As for us, we're still in Tahoe, still same old, same old/ To buffer Izzy's loss a bit, we brought home a new cat, that, surprisingly, sheds more than he did. She's quite the character, and in some ways could be part Newf, in that she meets us at the door every time we come home, and loves to play with water. Go figure. Sean and I are moving closer to home ownership, and the idea of our own place with no insurance restrictions has me dreaming of drool and gads of Newfy hair. (If my dream little house can wait on the market for just a few more months, we may be there) But, for now, we're enjoying our current feline furbabies and living vicariously through others for our doggy dreams.

I want to thank you guys so much or your support during the whole ordeal. Losing Izzy was incredibly difficult, but we're so glad to know that he has such a wonderful home. For a long time, it was too painful to stick around here, but now that wounds are healing, you may see me lurking a bit more.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Izzy update
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:48:47 pm »
Hi, I remember reading about you and Izzy and I've wondered how you were both doing many times since.  I was only lurking back then, as we'd recently lost our Pyr to cancer and I was really heartbroken.  I understand how hard it must have been for you to be on the board since Izzy went back to rescue and I'm glad that you are back now.  I am so glad that Grizz (now) has a wonderful new home and that you've found some furry happiness in your kitties.  Many years ago, I wanted a dog so badly but couldn't have one b/c I was renting at the time.  Two months after hubby & I bought our first house we brought Cara, our first Pyr home.  I'll never forget how happy I was that day.  I hope that day comes for you very, very soon and I hope that you'll stay around and keep us all posted on your home search.   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Izzy update
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 06:31:02 am »
 Hmm.. I hadn't considered the garbage idea!  ;D If it were winter it would be easier, just use to camp snow plow to cover it in snow. House? What house? There's no house there!

It has been hard without Izzy, but I've finally gotten to the point where I'm like hey, you know what, I'm not going to let this experience sour my enjoyment in the breed, and other biggies too! So, pretty soon, when my schedule settles down a bit more, I'll actually be contacting the local rescue chapter to see if I can get involved and help with transport or events, etc. That way I can get my Newf fix, and be supporting a great cause. But hey, if the cat continues to insist on jumping in the bathtub, maybe I'll be bringing her to the water trials.  ::)