Author Topic: I SAW 20....  (Read 8528 times)

Nicole

I SAW 20....
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:00:56 am »
...NEWFS!

So, I was driving around in the country today. It was one of the most beautiful parts of the county I'd ever seen! So, I decided I'd look for a house for sale. As I was driving down this dirt road, I looked down this drive way, and there in the front yard were TWENTY NEWFOUNDLANDS! I'm not even kidding or exaggerating. Actually, with the 2 pups that are going home this weekend, they had 22!!!

Blacks, browns, landseers, Irish Spotted...OMG! OMG! So, of course, I absolutely HAD to pull in! I pulled in and said, "Um..you're going to think I'm crazy but can I meet your newfs?" They were SO COOl and they just laughed and said, "Sure!" I was there for an hour! It turns out that they have one of the dogs of the woman that I was thinking of getting my pup from in the fall! So, I might just get one from them...who knows...how cool would it be to go and visit your pup every day until it can come home?!

I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! I'm bringing Mark and Molly back out there tomorrow. What an awesome day!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I SAW 20....
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:04:11 am »
Ok Nicole, take a deep breath and tell us which one whould you like...brown? back? landseer?
Puppy heaven is the best place!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:09:21 am »
hahha, people whisperer, I want a brown, but the boyfriend wants black. Honestly, I want a Newf for their personality, so if I have to compromise and get black, that's a compromise I'm willing to make.

Jackie: YES! The boyfriend has agreed that we can get a pup after we get the house!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAY!

So, I was looking at a litter of browns planned for October. One of that breeder's dogs is currently at the home of the people I met today. They're planning a litter of blacks for September...so that might be our litter! WHOOOP! I AM SO EXCITED! I had SO MUCH FUN petting all the dogs and snuggling the pups. They had a black and a landseer pup...oh, lord. I was in absolute HEAVEN!

*modified to add* Jackie, YOU BET YOUR SWEET BIPPY I'll have my camera tomorrow! I WILL POST EVERYONE'S BRAINS OUT! hahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 02:10:06 am by Nicole »

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:12:53 am »
I'll bring it tomorrow, Julie! I PROMISE! hahaha!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 02:14:14 am »
Oh Nicole - what an amazing sight! Can NOT wait to see pics!  ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:04:00 am »
OMG that is soooo exciting!  I would have been all kinda smiley! hahahaa Have fun tomorrow, I can't wait to see pics!  ;D

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 03:39:46 am »
OMG!!!  20 Newfs = heaven!!!!!!!!!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 07:13:34 am »
I can't wait to see your pics!!!!! Go crazy tomorrow!!!!!!!

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 11:36:23 am »
WHATEVER JULIE! If I get the house, I'll get Truck AND a Newf! SHEESH!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 04:58:23 am »
Hmmm, I think that Heaven must look something like a house in the country with a Newfy Ranch next door.  ;D  I hope you find your perfect house nearby!

Oh, and I'd loooove a Landseer please if you can sneak it out under a jacket or something....   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 07:05:06 pm »
 :o
I'm so jealous!!!  ;D
I'll bet you had so much fun with them! 
I hope you find a place really close to them so you can see them all the time!  :D
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 02:57:13 am »
hahha, people whisperer, I want a brown, but the boyfriend wants black. Honestly, I want a Newf for their personality, so if I have to compromise and get black, that's a compromise I'm willing to make.

Ah, yes...the art of compromise...  I wanted a landseer in the worst way.  The rest of my family didn't want a Newf.  My 16 yr old step-daughter even went so far as to say it was "hideous" when she saw one on TV.  (I can hear all the horrified gasps!  LOL!)  Anyway, when we decided to get one, I wanted a landseer, but everyone else wanted a black.  To be honest, I really didn't care as long as I had a Newfie!!

btw, my daughter is now in love with her and thinks she's the most beautiful thing ever!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 04:49:07 am »
Well, I didn't make it out there on Saturday. I had an event all day long, and then Mark went golfing and Molly went bike riding with her friends. *sigh* Maybe this weekend. Don't worry, though. Whenever I go, I will return with MAD pictures!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 05:38:58 am »
I agree, we need pics! I'm with you too on the color being less important than just GETTING ONE!!!! It could be purple for all I care! ;) Can't wait to see 'em...
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 10:53:50 am »
I agree, we need pics! I'm with you too on the color being less important than just GETTING ONE!!!! It could be purple for all I care! ;) Can't wait to see 'em...

oooh...a purple Newf. Dude. I want a purple Newf. Seriously, how COOL would that be?!