Author Topic: Our Neighbor boy is taunting my dogs!!! :(  (Read 12144 times)

Offline Amyluvspets

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Our Neighbor boy is taunting my dogs!!! :(
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 10:51:51 am »
Hi,I hope I can be of some help :) 

I had a son that was like your neighbours boy (12 years ago), and got I him his own dog.  He is now 14 and is a PET LOVER! :) 

Now with the boy, how old is he? 

If he is able to understand you like over 3 or 4 years old, you could invite him over for a play :)

Talk to him like the child he is, and tell him what your dog likes and doesn't like :), explaine to him that your dogs responsibility is to look after your family.  It's his job, just like the boys dad has a job protecting people. 

Tell him you like him! ;D  This is important for him to relate to what you are saying.  Ask him if he has ever teased your dog, if he is honest you will FEEL GREAT!

Keep it happy and up beat, letting the boy know you need his help, your dog needs his help, and there are things he can do to help you with your dog. 

Like saying hi to him through the fence when he barks, coming and knocking at your door if he wants to see the dog, and never to hang over the fence as the dog is a protector, like the boys daddy, and will growl, just like a daddy.

If this doesn't seem to be working ask him what he likes about your dog, and try to involve him with youe pet in a posative way.

Children are tough, no doubt about it, but US MUMS ARE TOUGHER! ;D

This kid is bored, and has some unmotitored time on his hands, this shouldn't be your problem, but for your dogs sake it is. :(  This boy needs to be taught how to treat living creatures and it is important for his personal development. You can be a wonderful neighbour, and this boy will look back at in 20 years time and say, that was a great dog.

REMEBER YOU GET MORE BEES WITH HONEY, ;D

GOOD LUCK!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Our Neighbor boy is taunting my dogs!!! :(
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 11:04:00 am »
I agree with the camera.  Maybe this sounds a bit extreme but this is what I would do, because NOBODY messes with my dogs and gets away with it.  Set up a video camera, invest in lots of tapes and let it run to catch any taunting you don't witness.  Make sure the time/date stamp is on so the parents see this is an ongoing issue and not an over-reaction to a single incident.  Continue to bring the dogs in whenever you see it happening so they don't get tempted to bite in self-defense. I'd talk to the parents and not mention the tapes unless they refuse to believe me and then use the tapes as my ace.  If the kids dad is a cop he'll know he can't argue with evidence.  You never know, because he is a public servant, he may deal with his kid even if only to keep his reputation clean.  If the parents don't do anything to stop the kid, I'd seek legal advice.

As I said this may sound extreme, but I would hate to see your dog taken away because it has been labled a viscious animal.  All because a rotten little brat was provoking him.  And who knows, maybe this kid will be a future Ted Bundy because he was allowed to abuse animals as a kid...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:11:55 am by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer