Author Topic: Desperate Need of Advice  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Zen_Qed

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Desperate Need of Advice
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:28:33 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am like the topic says in desperate need of advice. We purchessed our Dane Kimball from what looked to be like a good breeder. She had done all the health checks, had a solid contract, ect .. on the surface everything you would look for in a breeder.
Today in one of the dane e-mail groups i met the woman who bred the Mother of our dane. Everything is not cool! the woman we got Kimball from only co-owned his mother, did not have permission to breed him and forged Z's signature on the AKC paperwork.
She also Forged the health checks and lied about a lot more things (the mother only has 2 akc pts not 9 and the father has some temperament issues.)
Anywho come monday Z is calling the AKC and turning her in for fraud and the whole thing is going to get very ugly.
My problem is we paid a reasonable amount of money for a dane we thought was coming from very solid lines ect and he's not.

What would you do?

He's a puppy so he's lovable but we really haven't bonded all that tightly. I'd really like to return him to the breeder for a refund and use that money towards a dog from a breeder that isn't going to lie to me.

How would one go about making her do the refund tho? i sent her an e-mail tonight asking her to get back to me by monday.. If she doesn't is there anything we can do?

~Beth
The Zoo
------
Trip Underfoot: Saint
Kimball: Dane
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro
Five Cats
Six Mice
Five Parrots
Four Keets
and siiix tiel's in a pear tree!

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Desperate Need of Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:44:26 am »
If you still have contact with the lady you met that co owned, have her write a statement and get it notarized. Contact the AKC and have them research. Fax them the statement and have them open a formal inquiry. They take these cases very seriously. Once you have the facts (and proof) you can contact the breeder again. If she is still not cooperative, file a complaint to your local Small Claims Court. As long as you have facts to back your claim and the amount does not exceed 5K they will hear your case. It is very inexpensive to go to Small Claims and you don't need a lawyer, you speak on your own behalf. Save any reciepts for expenses you incure or have so far and you can ask for that money to be paid to you also.
Good luck to you. I know this is heart wrenching. We had a friend in Germany this happened to.
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)