Author Topic: big discharge of blood  (Read 2455 times)

Offline aleja18

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
big discharge of blood
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:59:36 am »
hi every 1 im new here and i would like to ask you guys for your opinion because this just happened today and im very worried. ok here it goes my male dog wich is a shetland sheep dog discharged blood from his privates this morning and it was alot. it looked like tomato sauce, yesturday he did the same but it was only a few drops. today he did it out of nowhere and the floor was covered with blood. hes sleeping now and seems to be very calm like. what do you guys think is wrong with him?
please comment!

thanks
alejandra

Offline aleja18

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: big discharge of blood
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 05:39:08 am »
Thank you guys for your comments. unfortunaly i made an appointment 4 tomorrow so i have 2 wait. but thank you for ur comments.i will keep you guys posted and i hope everythin goes well :(

alejandra

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 06:24:36 am »
Yikes, the poor guy!  Is there any way that you can get him into an emergency vet today or does your vet have someone on call? 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 07:12:14 am »
I agree is there anything you can do to get him in today?? This sounds like something that shouldnt wait. I always judge things by this rule, if this were happening to me, would I wait? Or go to the emergency room? I think I would be in the ER stat!
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »
Call them back and tell thim he needs to be seen NOW not tomorrow. They should have squeezed you in when you told them what was going on.