Author Topic: peyton learned to lay down today!  (Read 2100 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
peyton learned to lay down today!
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:24:03 am »
while i was at work today, my boyfriend got to play with peyton all day (and pick up around the house) and while he was playing and working, he taught pey-t-pie to lay down. i guess he wanted her to learn only to jump up when she was asked to or it was okay to, he would call her to jump up and the other times he would say down. she somehow caught on to lay down when down. she started sitting and then sliding on our kitchen floor. so when i came home he told me what she had learned and so a couple of times tonight i said "down" and she actually did it! YEY PEYTON!!! he said that it only took about 10 mins to learn it. so yey!!!
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: peyton learned to lay down today!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:31:25 am »
Awww, Peyton is a smart little one!  Teaching them these things is so much fun.  Good for you!!   :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:11:57 pm »
Yayyyyyyyyy Peyton!

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 02:29:40 am »
Isn't exciting when they start to start to learn their first commands :). Three barks for Peyton and mom!

Do you remember that book that came out some years back called "How to train your man"? It was written by a famous female dog trainer. LOL! She named the chapters stuff like 1. Stay (keeping your man from straying) 2. Fetching for bigginners 3. Advanced fetching (jewelry, etc) 4. Dicipline (keeping commands short and simple) OMG it was so funny.
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:41 am »
Wow, she's a super quick learner!  Good job Peyton!  ;D

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:52:17 pm »
Thanks everybody! Even Darrin (boyfriend) said that she picked it up really quickly.

And yes, he does pick up around the house (makes it pretty looking...i am sure though if you went behind with a microscope all the nasties will still show up though!) and lately he has been helping with training. he works for a pool company and starts work around 7:30 a and doesn't get home until almost 1:30 p. too bad he is salary!!! ... but that part doesn't suck in winter!!!

Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.