Author Topic: speaking of horrid neighbours.... neighbours DOGS!!! GRRR  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
speaking of horrid neighbours.... neighbours DOGS!!! GRRR
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:21 pm »
This afternoon, around 4ish, hubby and i were inside, and the bullies were outside... then all of a sudden i hear this aweful noise, like a dog fight almost! so i run outside to see the neighbours dog going at my dogs THRU THE FENCE agressively... LUCKILY he can't get INTO our yard. we have a privacy fence, but his nose was fairly long/skinny and fit thru the fence...  but he was freaking at zero and jigsaw. and i was so worried he'd find a way thru. i yelled up to darcy to come downstairs (hes too into his stupid computer games to realize something is up) he gets down stairs and the dog runs to another side of the fence where the gate is... the gate is tied with bungies, so the dog prolly coulda squeezed thru, but then he turned and ran off towards some other dog across the street. This other dog was tied. i am VERY amaized that they didnt fight... but, now i've ALREADY Complained about this dog coming at zero once, and going at memphis once... what the heck do i do now? the owners are retarded (sorry, but its true) and only open the door and let him go... their little 5 year old kid goes running after him. this dog is about... prolly 80lbs. he is probably a huskey/st.bernard mix. so if this dog was to fight, that little girl would NEVER get control of him! and if the dog got into my yard, i guarentee he'd get hurt with my two bts out there! and I'D BE AT FAULT! What to do?!?! im ready with my paintball gun next time! and i WONT miss! AC does NOTHING  >:(
Anyways, thnx for lettin me vent!
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: speaking of horrid neighbours.... neighbours DOGS!!! GRRR
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:40:32 pm »
I think that dogs are an amazing addition to families and that kids should be exposed to dogs.  On the other hand people that do not know how to control their dog should not have dogs, especially not BP.  If their dog ever becomes aggressive towards their daughter they will blame the dog.  It is not the dogs fault! 

I don't know how close you are with your neighbors, but I would go and talk to them again. If that doesn't work call animal control. When I was growing up my mom called animal control on a dog that attacked ours, our pup was hurt pretty badly. I don't know what the laws are in your area, but we have leash laws and they recieved a nice fine.  After that they never let the dog loose outside again, he was always on a chain.  I wish I could have taken him out of that home.

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:51:45 pm »
I can understand your frustration. We have the same problem here. Apparently because we live out in the middle of nowhere none my neighbours feel the leash law applies to them. ::) We are the only ones on this road that keep our dogs properly confined. It's getting so bad that we are thinking about fencing our entire property with 7 foot privacy fencing.

Lola has dog issues so she barks/growls and generally just spazzes out when other dogs are on our property. Bubba could care less before, but now he's backing Lola up, standing between her and the other dog. :(

So needless to say they are a big pain in my backside. I've resorted to using spray bottles. I have one with just water to squirt the friendly but wandering dogs and one with a water/lemon juice mixture for the dogs that decide to get nasty.

We too have called AC on the aggressive dogs, one in particular. A gorgeous Chow that is very dog and people aggressive and they have recieved a warning and then a fine but their dog still runs loose. It's here about once or twice a week still and he always shows up when I have Bubba and Lola outside to potty, so there is no avoiding him. :(
Thanks to these stupid owners my progress with Lola has somewhat reverted. She instantly tenses now when she sees another dog approaching regardless of the situation. And now Bubba is getting way more standoffish with other dogs too. >:(

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:18:26 am »
I'd report to animal control for neglect.  The dog maybe fed and sheltered but they are neglecting to keep the dog and community safe by letting the dog run unsupervised.  I would also call children's services.  If that dog decides to fight or run off and they send a 5-year old girl after it, that little girl is being put in harm's way.  She could be bitten (or worse) in a dog fight, or injured or kidnapped by wandering after the dog.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer