Author Topic: I'm having problems with Spook's breeder .....*update* Papers are here !  (Read 19921 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
When we picked up Spook , his breeder said she didn't have his AKC papers right then , that because Spook's sire is imported she had to do DNA testing before Spook could be registered so it'd take a little longer . I was okay with that , we have a signed contract between us stating that she will give me my papers . Soooo .... it's been over two months and I CANNOT get ahold of her .I've tried e-mailing her ( I know her computer works as she's still updating her website ....) , I've called over and over again , leaving messages on her answering machine and leaving messages with her family members .... well , today I tried to call again and her phone has been disconnected !!!  >:( So tomorrow I'm sending a registered letter stating that I want my papers within 10 days or I'm going to take her to court .
I just can't believe she is doing this ! I did my research and she had a wonderful reputation and we talked for over two years before I got Spook !
On Saturday I'm meeting my parents in a town close to where the breeder is located and planning on going out there to see if they even live there anymore  :-\

So , if I can't find her / get ahold of her . What is my next step ? I've only been to a court house to register to vote and renew my tags .LOL I have no idea where to even start with this . Please help me ! Thankyou so much !
-Amy
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:31:30 am by horsepoor21 »
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: I'm having problems with Spook's breeder .....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:28:52 am »
I've never had to wait that long for papers before ? Huh ... Every time I've registered my dogs it only takes a week or so . It's not like I need them right now . I am just scared since she refuses to contact me . ???
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:29:41 am »
I am so sorry you are having this problem. You are upset, justly so! I have lots of lawyerly advice I can give. I would need some info to get you going in the proper direction. Please let me know if I can PM you some questions and go from there. You are on the right direction with the certified letter. Be sure any e-mail you send her, you also cc yourself and one other person. If she is a registered breeder with AKC or a member of NCA, notify them ASAP. In order to breed under Bylaws of AKC you must maintain the integrity of those very Bylaws. Not to alarm you, but both Elvis and Stitch came from Germany. They have 10 generation of CH pedigree and an EU passport registered with 5 countries. When I spoke with AKC, all they needed was the papers and they sent the registration without issue. Never did they say they needed DNA.
OOOH! I'm so mad for you >:( I just want my dogs to lift a leg on people like that!
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 08:40:38 am »
Oh please ! PM me or e-mail me at horsepoor21@yahoo.com I need help !  ;D

Your line about wishing your dogs would lift their leg on someone like that made me laugh out loud .LOL !  ;D
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 09:04:33 am »
First of all Amy. Take a DEEP BREATH! It can take a few months. I have a really close friendship with and great respect for the breeder of my guys and know her well. AKC can take a while. AND it did with Whisper. I suppose if I hadn't, I would have been more concerned.

So = while you should certainly keep a "Heads Up" and be prepared. Don't panic just yet. Just do your homework. Have your paper work in order. Be prepared. Send the Registerd Letter. But PLEASE KNOW, Sweetie, that these Court Cases can be a nightmare! I'm in one right now with a Contractor who was hired for AND PAID FOR a new Horse Barn. Two and a half years later, many thousands of dollars in Attorney fees, and a barn that is falling apart = the fight still goes on. (But I'm a VERY strong and stuborn person. Beyond a fault.)

You just take care of yourself. And those beautiful Wee Ones. Chances are great that it's going to work out just fine. (& give Cole one great BIG HUG!!! from 'Great Auntie Jane')

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:07 am »
My understanding of the DNA testing is for a sire that has been bred so many times, I don't recall the number, but I know I questioned it when I got Nala's pedigree because several of the sires had DNA beside their name, that was the answer I received, but by another breeder, not Nala's. My papers took a few months to come in for both girls.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 10:21:19 am »
Maybe the breeder is having troubles with the males papers?!
the breeder jigsaw came from is having troubles getting her male CKC reg'd hes an import from Brazil, and so the papers are taking longer with us too. Jigsaw is 7.5 months, and still no papers... but i do have contact with the breeder- luckily. i dont know what else to tell you :( Soooo sorry you're going thru this... *HUUUUUUUUGS*
Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:35:28 am »
I know that a couple of the DNA processing companies are getting a major backlog since its becoming required by more registries, so that might be a reason for the wait?   (Its a hot topic on my aussie list and its angering a lot of breeders because of the long delays).
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:53:29 am »
Thankyou to everyone who replied ! I guess I'm starting to freak out because I haven't heard a word from her since I bought him , yet she was so easy to contact before she got her $$$! He was not completely healthy , nor was he very well socialized when I got him either so I've been trying to contact her because of those issues as well . Ugh ! If she'd just contact and let me now what's going on I'd be SO much more patient ! I keep telling her that ..... Well ,I'm still going to try to track her down this weekend and see what's up !  ;)
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 10:38:14 pm »
Thankyou to everyone who replied ! I guess I'm starting to freak out because I haven't heard a word from her since I bought him , yet she was so easy to contact before she got her $$$! He was not completely healthy , nor was he very well socialized when I got him either so I've been trying to contact her because of those issues as well . Ugh ! If she'd just contact and let me now what's going on I'd be SO much more patient ! I keep telling her that ..... Well ,I'm still going to try to track her down this weekend and see what's up !  ;)

Good luck!! We had to wait awhile for the registration to send in for our Eskimo. The UKC at that time was really booked up the breeder said but it didn't take that long, who knows. Funny about being able to get in touch with the breeder easily before she got her money. It was the same way with the breeder of these pups. Yiska also came with some health issues when I picked her up, and luckily she responded via email right away about those at first but then slacked off quickly. I hear from her once in a blue moon anymore when I try to contact her. I sure hope once I can get Yiskas hips checked again, I can get in touch with her if there's a problem!!

I hope you can track her down soon!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 12:07:46 am »
Ugh , I FINALLY heard from Spook's breeder today after I wrote an e-mail stating that she has one week or I'll be taking legal actions !
She actually had the nerve to e-mail me and ask me "What's wrong with you ?" and saying that she's been showing and very busy (Okay ,I totally understand that ! ) And that she's only home two days a week .( Okay , why couldn't you drop the papers in the mail then ?) And that when she gets home Wednesday she'll send them or if I can't wait that long ,bring Spook back and they'll refund my money ( No way ,I love my Spooky Bear ! ) So she's had the papers sitting there ....
She said her phone was off for a few days because they were having a new line put in to her new kennel , and THEN she said that my husband talked to her husband last week and he clearly stated she was out of town showing ! Sooo not true ! I have to dial the phone for hubby (he has dyslexia ) and so I've been there every time we've tried to call ! I got ahold of a boy (i thought) once ,but he just said she'd call me back later that night and of course she never did .Never mentioned she was out of state !
Then she says at the end of her e-mail " I'll send the papers this wednesday before you have an anxiety attack"
That really ticks me off ! I wrote back and told her " Thankyou for letting me know when I'll recieve the papers ,that's all I ever wanted . I was never rude to you ,I'm sorry you felt the need to be rude to me "
It's taking everything I have not to rip into her but I'm afraid she won't send the papers then .LOL  ::)

Okay ,I'm done complaining about all this now (I hope ! LOL ) I just can't believe how she treated me . I've been so patient and nice to her and this is how I'm repayed !  :-\
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:35:32 am »
Wow, she was rude!! She could have just apologized, shut her trap and sent the papers! Doesn't seem to add up- weird. I hope you get the papers soon then. I wouldn't want to deal with her anymore.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 12:42:35 am »
WOW, what a breeder! She is obviously more concerned about her dogs getting titles than her puppies and their owners!
I think that you handled this situation excellent! Good for you!
I guess now you just have to wait and see if she really will mail the papers  ???
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 01:01:08 am »
Sounds to me as though this woman has more problems than just a lack of "time"! ??? HOW RUDE!!!!! I commend you on holding your tongue. You obviously have more class in your little finger than this woman has in her whole body! SHAME ON HER!!!!!!!!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 01:14:53 am »
UGH .... It's now been a week since they day she claimed she would send the papers and they're still not here ! I am so mad . I actually believed she'd send them ! So I wrote another e-mail telling her if they're not here within 7 days I am taking legal action .... again ...LOL
So , I need help . What do I do first ?  ???
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle