Author Topic: doberman has blood in her urine  (Read 3547 times)

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
doberman has blood in her urine
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:56 am »
Hi,
 My 8 year old Doberman Claire had disc surgery 4 years ago. She started to get wobbly in her rear legs again on Friday, and I was pretty sure it was another disc as it seemed to get worse over the weekend.  Today she is walking alot better - totally without a sling - still a bit wobbly, though. I noticed late yesterday that she had blood in her urine - and was squatting several times when outside a bit ago. Does anyone know if a bladder or kidney infection can mimmic the symptoms of a slipped disc? I give her glucosomine and msm - and have been giving motrin since Friday.  I'd love some good/optimistic news from someone - I do believe in miracles! Thanks

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: doberman has blood in her urine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 12:56:02 am »
I have not taken her yet - but will now that I received your reply. I'm not so crazy about my vet. Thanks for the optimistic info!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 01:38:54 am »
I was just discussing UTI's with my friend's father who is a vet...  cause my dobie/pit girl, Ellie has UTI/incontinence issues. He said one of the symptoms of infection is when a dog strain's to pee, ie squats repeatedly when outside. Hope this info helps and hope your girl feels better!

Please let us know what Claire's vet says.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 01:39:29 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:15:21 am »
I had no idea about the motrin - - I feel terrible!  I took her urine sample to the vet on Tuesday and she's on antibiotics (2 ammoxicillan 2 times a day).  She's walking great now - but is still squatting alot outside.  She's been incontinent since she was spayed at 6 months - - and so she sits and sleeps on waterproof pads.  She has less interest in eating today - - so now I'm worried about that.

Thank you so much for the info about the motrin being bad - - does anyone know of anything that I can do to make this better??   I don't know much about kidney disease - - hopefully it's not to late!  Please say prayers  for us! Thanks!