Author Topic: Newbie with a Newfie :)  (Read 9934 times)

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with a Newfie :)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 02:37:16 pm »
Welcome Rachel and Beau, Sorry we're just now saying hi, our crew has been MIA for the past week or so.
Sure sounds like your baby boy is showing you the ropes to Newfie parenthood ;D You'll BPO, it's a great group.

I'm Lauren, mom to 3 Newfs. Elvis 3, Stitch 2 and Audrey 11mos. You will find a great group of Newf families here, so let us know if you have any questions :P
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

lorim2

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 07:35:46 pm »
Hi Rachael!  I'm Lori...Mom to many!!  Glad your here and cant wait to see pics of Beau!  I did send you a pm about the rescue case in OK...Look forward to talking to you and seeing pics of Beau!!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:43 pm »
Welcome Beau and Rachel! We love hearing rescue stories like yours. Every dog deserves loving and caring owners like you.

I'm Kristine, mom to 4-year-old Newf Rosie. It's funny how those Newf traits are so universal sometimes... like the pining. Rosie does that too, she'll crowd your space, sit as close to you as possible, and keep raising her head as if to say 'So are you going to pet me or not?'

The glucosamine is a great preventative measure to take now. That with chondroitin, vitamin C, and some form of fish oil all mixed into her food. Also swimming would be a great form of exercise for Beau, since it's low impact and will strengthen those bones and muscles.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 02:41:59 am »
Welcome to BPO!  I am sure you will learn of wonderful things, fun things and get to see some pics of beautiful dogs here on BPO.  Keep on posting pics of your handsome fella when you get time.

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 11:31:00 am »
Welcome Rachel and Beau!  ;D
Thank you so much for sharing your story.
It brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy
that he will have a full recovery.

Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:47 pm »
Welcome Beau and Rachel!  I loved Beau's story....I'm such a softie for shelter pups!  I can't wait to see pictures! 

You're gonna love it here...It's totally my secret obsession!  My husband is always like, "You're reading about DOGS AGAIN?????"  I think he's secretly terrified that I going to pull a "Beau" again and come home with ANOTHER new family member!

Anyway!  I'm Mom to Champ, my 1.5 year old English Golden and Winston, my rescued, slobbery, (lemon of a ) newf! 

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 02:20:35 am »
It's totally my secret obsession! 

Hee...Hee...  mine too!  My family teases me about going on the "dorky dog website"  as my 16 yr old puts it, Bu t in my opinion it's a lot more productive than her going on MySpace for hours!  LOL!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer