Author Topic: fumble 3 weeks in recovery!  (Read 17061 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: fumble 3 weeks in recovery!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 03:33:29 am »
The big guy looks GREAT!  So glad Fumbs recovery is moving along!

p.s. awesome pics!

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 08:27:17 am »
Good to see Fumbule enjoying himself and looking so handsome even with that skinny poodle leg! Looking forward to more updates of his progress.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 07:04:49 pm »
did he have cruciate surgery? if so i would highly recommend anyone with a giant breed before and after a surgery like this, wether affected or not, to give 1700 mg gluc chond
studies have shown those with a partial tear, that were given this dose most times did NOT need the surgery, my tasha is one of them.
out of all the newfs i have owned, i have never (knock on wood) experienced a torn tendon, but, we figured she had a partial tear, in one week of this dose, she did not limp, she has been symptom free now for over a year and a half.
for those post surgery, this dose may help so the other leg does not need to be done, in many cases it does need it, in some it does not.
i give tasha the spring valley gluc chond from walmart.
Glad to see he is recovering well!
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 11:31:08 pm »
did he have cruciate surgery? if so i would highly recommend anyone with a giant breed before and after a surgery like this, wether affected or not, to give 1700 mg gluc chond
studies have shown those with a partial tear, that were given this dose most times did NOT need the surgery, my tasha is one of them.
out of all the newfs i have owned, i have never (knock on wood) experienced a torn tendon, but, we figured she had a partial tear, in one week of this dose, she did not limp, she has been symptom free now for over a year and a half.
for those post surgery, this dose may help so the other leg does not need to be done, in many cases it does need it, in some it does not.
i give tasha the spring valley gluc chond from walmart.
Glad to see he is recovering well!

fumble has been on 1500 gluc/chron for as long as i can remember, the breeders are HUGE on that and vitamin C.  but i have upped his dosage to 2000 of gluc/chron since, especially with being off the antibiotics, i wanted extra prevention.  thanks though, it's hopefull about the other knee for now.  i mean he definately will need surgery because it's about 75% if not more torn, but he's doing really well on it, no limping at all! so maybe the gluc/chron will help to prolong the surgery, give me time to save some more money!! :) hehe
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 09:26:58 am »
How is our big boy doing?  :)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 08:51:29 pm »
Fumble is still majestic, with skinny leg and all. That picture of him sitting with his leg extended out looks like he's saying "Look at me and my sexy sexy leg. Don't be jealous."  :D
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 09:26:25 pm »
hehe! you all beat me to the punches!  fumble's doing good!  we went to the vet yesterday for our 1 month checkup and he said that he's doing 'VERY WELL' for only 4 weeks out, better than expected.  gotta love the goofy newf.  i will tell you though, he was such a pain in the butt at the vets because he hasn't really seen any other people or dogs in a while!!  he's like "that kid" that no one wants to hang out with, and laughs at! hehe!  the vet said we can do up to 3/4 mile walks now.  I'm not sure if i'm going to really push it though.  Only cause he's still limping in the house pretty bad!  so i think we'll stick with the short walks but bring them up to 3 times a day instead of just 1 or 2.  But other than that things are great! he's definately gotten back to himself and has really entered the terrible 2 stage!  he pretends some days like he doesn't even know his name!  the only thing he recognizes as a command on a consistent basis is stay! lol!  and that's the one he never listened to before!  hehE!!  i'll take some more pictures this weekend of him so you can all see the furry leg growing back! :) 
Thanks again for everyone's concern and well wishes! it really means A LOT!!
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:53 pm »
I am thrilled that big bundle of love is doing so well... and is back to his Fumbleness! Sending tons of happy hugs to y'all!

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:52 pm »
Hip! Hip! Hooray!!! I'm so glad that the Fumbs is feeling better!!! 

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 02:02:41 am »
Hi Kids!

I hope the big fella is feeling much better and getting around a bit more.  I got your e-mail reply awhile back & I just wanted to send all of you, humans too, more hugs & good wishes from Jersey. I thought of Fumbs yesterday bc our big Klondike had both knees done a few years back and now that he got his summer haircut, you can see his scars.  Other than that, Klondike is doing great after going through what Fumbles is dealing with. 

Hang in there!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 02:26:31 am »
good deal, the big guy's got too much heart to be down and out for too long. i think the most important part of the healing process is the caregiver. good job u 2 it's good to know he's on the up n' up
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 07:28:34 am »
Hi Kids!

I hope the big fella is feeling much better and getting around a bit more.  I got your e-mail reply awhile back & I just wanted to send all of you, humans too, more hugs & good wishes from Jersey. I thought of Fumbs yesterday bc our big Klondike had both knees done a few years back and now that he got his summer haircut, you can see his scars.  Other than that, Klondike is doing great after going through what Fumbles is dealing with. 

Hang in there!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

hehe!! Anita, i'll pass the message onto fumble that his new hero is Klondike! hehe!!  it's soooo reassuring to hear about the pups that have gone through it are now perfecT and good as new! :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 07:29:48 am »
thanks everyone!! :)  You know he's doing okay cause right now he's laying on his back with all paws in the air running mid air! i think that's his new exercise! hehe!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 11:36:32 am »
thanks everyone!! :)  You know he's doing okay cause right now he's laying on his back with all paws in the air running mid air! i think that's his new exercise! hehe!

LOL!!!  :D I can just picture him doing that. I am so happy to hear that he is better.  ;D
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 11:56:57 am »

Awwww, that must have been so cute!  I'm thinkin' that maybe we neeeeed a little video of his physical therapy.....   ;)  :D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees