Author Topic: Claire's leg is getting weak again  (Read 2163 times)

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Claire's leg is getting weak again
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:34:45 am »
Hi,
  My Doberman Claire is weak in her right rear leg again.  Last week I posted a message that she had blood in her urine, and found that it was probably caused by the motrin I was giving her.  I stopped the motrin, got an antibiotic for the UTI - - which seems better  - - but now she's back to getting weak in her rear again. 
  Does anyone use aspirin or any type of anti-inflamaroy? for arthitis  or a sore back?
   She really seems better when I was giving her motrin (until the uti) - - Thanks for the help!

Patty

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Claire's leg is getting weak again
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 09:06:35 am »
Thanks for the good news that buffered aspirin is okay!  Yes - She's been on Glucosomine for about four years now (since her disc surgery).  I recommend it to dog owners whenever I can - - it really had worked wonders for both of my Doberman girls Grace and Claire.  I also give them MSM.

Thanks for the well wishes - - I really appreciate them! (and your dog is beautiful!!)
   Patty

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Claire's leg is getting weak again
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 09:34:58 pm »
Yes - the rear end weakness was a symptom last time (that the motrin helped with). She had one 500 mg Bufferin last night and that seems to help (yay!)

She's on the eighth day of a 15 day supply of amoxicillan (2 500 mg 2x a day) and the uti seems much better!

The vet assistant said to bring back a urine sample after the antibiotics are gone.

Thanks for your help!