Author Topic: Bad days  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Brownis15

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Bad days
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:25 am »
Hey all,

I have been so busy, this weekend was supposed to be relaxing but Tyler worked all weekend and so I just cleaned the house and tied up loose ends and paid bills.

I need some advice, I have been so depressed lately and I am not sure what to do. I have so much on my plate and I think that has a lot to do with it. I'm not enjoying things like I used to and feel full of despair quite often.

Another thing here and you are all going to roll your eyes when you read this is my weight. I have always been kinda nutso about my weight, and even though I am a healthy weight, I have gained like 5 pounds and I feel so disgusted with myself. It sounds so trivial but it rips me apart when I am not the weight i "think" i should be.

Merlin and Sweetpea and Atlas are doing wonderful though. They give me something else to concerntrate on. Atlas is a little monster but a cuddle from him helps a lot.

My new job is tough, its a tight ship and there is very VERY little positive reinforcement, which I really need to work well. I will do like 20 things awesome but they wont say a word and then the one thing I miss they find it and rub my nose in it. Its hard because everyone there is buddy-buddy and I am the new one, most of them have worked there for years. It wears you down after a while.

I just feel like I'm in a sink or swim and I am barely keeping my head above water... I think I am so burnt out, I really just want to take a month off of working and breath and relax. Esp before the wedding.

Thanks for letting me vent.
“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.”

The loves of my life

Atlas - GSD
Merlin - Papillon
SweetPea - Papillon

Anakalia

Re: Bad days
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:39:22 am »
I'm so sorry you're having a tough time.  The work thing is awful, I've worked a few jobs like that and I end up quitting! lol Probably not something you wanted to hear, but I'll fully admit it I'm a big ol' quitter!  I have to do jobs that make me happy or that I enjoy doing, but that's just me.  Some people are happy making lots of money, but I think of it differently.  I need to work in a pleasant work environment with friendly people, if that means I make less money, then so be it.

As far as depression, I always get depressed during the winter and the things that help most is eating right, drinking tons of water/green tea, daily multi-vitamin and excersize.  I just feel soooo much better when I know I'm taking good care of myself, and I'm always trying to work on my confidence.  Feeling better about yourself, and boosting your self-esteem really plays a huge part in overcoming depression IMO.  Sometimes if the depression is really bad talking to your Dr. is always an option too.  Whatever you decide, good luck!  :) 

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:31:10 pm »
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. You've been given a lot of good advice. I recognized you weren't around here hardly at all anymore. I can't comment on the job aspect since my only bosses now are these little ones around here, though quite demanding there's no place I'd rather be. I sure don't miss a 'regular job' and I feel for you with what you're having to deal with.

I can definitely relate on the weight issue. I've had an obsession about that for many years, and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier for me as I get older, it's getting worse. But it seems to run in my family with my mom and sister having the same obsession. I never owned a scale after I moved away from home until a couple months ago, so I could weigh the pups- MISTAKE. Now I can't stay off of it and I've finally gained a pound more than what I was hanging at and it's been extrememly depressing. The sick part is, I'm pregnant! I know I'm gonna gain 30 more but my head hasn't accepted that yet. Anyway, I'm just trying to say I can relate and empathize because even in pg when it's normal, it's a struggle for me to like myself. The VERY last thing I want to hear is how good I look, it just has never helped and hubby can't seem to keep his mouth shut. >:( It only matters what I see,  ya know.

But you've just gotten over a sickness right? And you lost weight I remembered you said, so I would *try* and really cut yourself a break. Do you know why you've gained? Since you've been depressed and normal things aren't making you happy anymore, could that be the cause? Just eating out of comfort? If you can identify the reason and know you can fix it, that helps me anyway.

I would also suggest you find someone to talk to because like mentioned before, it can get out of hand and it's good you are seeing it now while you can get some help. I'm glad the dogs are there to help you, they're good at that. :)

Keep trying to check in and let us know how you are ok?

Offline graceclaire

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:43:28 am »
Maybe the venting helped? Sometime that's all we need.  I'd like to suggest a book that may help to brighten your attitude - - it's called "Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sara ban Breathnach.  Have you ever heard that when you need something, it will come to you?  Well this is what I'd say happened to me about five years ago when I was feeling a bit blue.  I bought it a a garage sale for .50 cents! and it turned out to be one of my favorite books ever.  It's a meditation by day type format - - and I think it may help to bring some joy back in to your life. 

Hope it helps - - and here's one of my favorite quotes from Desiderada (not sure if spelled correctly?:

"You are a child of the Universe -
    No less than the trees and the stars -
    You have right to be Here...."