Author Topic: Can anyone help Spencer out?(needs postcards from everywhere for school project)  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help Spencer out?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 10:24:31 am »
yay!! i will send him one from fort mcmurray alberta...and we are travelling over to BC next week so each place we stop ill get him another one!!

this is suuuch a cool project!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:06 am »
Not very exciting, but you can bet one from Kansas is heading his way soon! This is such a great idea!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 01:21:44 pm »
Hey everyone I wanted to let you know that the postcard project is going really  well!  I figured that I'd bump this up for the holiday season since I know many people travel around this time of year.  Remember it can be from out of the country or any state!  Just write a little blurb about the area and make sure to send it from that state/country. 

We had parent-teacher conferences this past week and I got to see where they are displaying them.  So far Spencer has around 25 postcards, so he's very happy, the teachers were impressed with the turnout so far!   

I wasn't able to see who they were from yet, since they are on display in the hallway, but I wanted to thank everyone who sent them in.  Spencer is so proud and can't wait until he can bring them all home and put them in his own book.

So far the only states that they have NOT recieved postcards from are these:  West Virginia, Oklahoma, Ohio, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Georgia, Delaware, Arkansas or Alabama.  They also are counting Washington DC seperately and have not recieved any from there.

Thanks again to all of you, the kids are having a blast learning about different parts of the country and the world!

~moni & spencer!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 09:35:35 pm »
This is such a nice idea.  My sister's kids have done the Flat Stanley and the postcard project and learned a lot!

The nice lady who has my next two dogs is in Oklahoma and will send a card.  She knows lots of people and will forward the request.  My sister is in Illinios so those two are taken care of.  It is such a nice idea that I am sending another one from California.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 09:40:24 pm »
What a great idea!  Tell Spencer a Georgia card will be on its way soon!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
bumping thread for the end of the year... :)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
They're accepting them until around June 11th.  (Their last day is the 18th).

Thanks for the reminder Holly!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Thanks again guys!  Spencer said that today this year's first grade class broke their previous year's records by getting 525 postcards so far.  Its still going on too!

He's not sure how many he has personally has yet, but I can't wait to put them in his book!  Thanks everyone!!!

lins_saving_grace

so the contest is still going?  I just saw this and thought since it started last year it would be too late to send a postcard.  it's not so i will.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Yes, its going on until around June 11th, since their last day is the 18th.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
I'll send him one from Germany... Can we send him more than one? Just in case it is a hard decision? And we can write something different on each one...
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Cirra has three postcards ready to mail to Spencer tomorrow - animals from Maine, a lighthouse with seals and  a picture of the ocean with granite. It seems like a great way to learn about different places that people live.