Author Topic: Gas..  (Read 3773 times)

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Gas..
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:57:02 pm »
Hey guys...

Beau has been letting off some pretty bad stinkers lately. When i say pretty bad i mean Nuclear standard... They are really REALLY REALLY bad :) I'm not sure if i can do anything about it... any suggestions? :)

PS >> I've not managed to get any photo's on here cause my fiancees camera's usb isn't working, so i was there taking like a dozen photo's only to plug it in to see it doesn't work! Hopefully this week i'll get around to borrowing one to hook up and post pix! :)
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."

lins_saving_grace

Re: Gas..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:10:55 pm »
Lovely!!!!!   welcome to Big Paws GI System 101.
What kind of dog is Beau?
Rotts are prone to gas so i can tell you to suck it up and deal with it.  but i know a lot of times dairy products give dogs gas.  so does cheese.  although they love those kinds of treats it does have adverse effects on us.  :) 

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 10:18:20 pm »
Hey :)

Beau is a Newfoundland.. . and his diet has been the same for the past month and a half now since we adopted him from the shelter.. We make his food, we don't feed him tins. Carrots, onions, dash of olive oil, meat/chicken (rotational) a bit of rice and dog biscuits mixed together.. We add the dog biscuits after the food is done and put in their plates... He doens't eat too much dairy, hardly any actually... But he realllllllllly stinks :P

PS >> Don't have Pix of Beau yet but here's one of my GSD Rocky... my boo-boo-boo-baby! :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:36 pm »
best becareful with the onions, it can give the dog some liver problems... just a helpful tip.
i know our BTs gas all the time. and it gets pretty stinky. GASX or Beano is great:) hahaha
jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 10:33:23 pm »
Onions are toxic to dogs and you should probably eliminate it

Have you heard of HP Digestive Upset drops? I use it every time Lily gets loose stools or gas. It is herbal and works wonders!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 01:47:38 am »
Hey!

No i've not heard of the HP digestive drops. Do i get those from a pharmacy or any good vet clinic?? I had no idea that onions were toxic to dogs!! I always thought that they were good as they weren't listed on a site i was on a while back for the do's and don'ts of doggie regimes! They listed the worst things being raisins, chocolate, and tomatoes! I'll be sure to tell mom not to add any more onions and instead to increase the carrots.. Any other veggies we can add in there that are dog friendly (spinach??) Thanks a bunch!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:49:59 am »
Hey!

No i've not heard of the HP digestive drops. Do i get those from a pharmacy or any good vet clinic?? I had no idea that onions were toxic to dogs!! I always thought that they were good as they weren't listed on a site i was on a while back for the do's and don'ts of doggie regimes! They listed the worst things being raisins, chocolate, and tomatoes! I'll be sure to tell mom not to add any more onions and instead to increase the carrots.. Any other veggies we can add in there that are dog friendly (spinach??) Thanks a bunch!

You can get those drops online form Amazon or any online pet stores. Here is one of the links.

http://www.petsentials.com/product_detail.cfm?p=242&c=48
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:54:13 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 02:31:52 pm »
Hehehehe... well beef we don't feed too often just about once a week, also no fat. Chicken is their main diet, and as i said about a cup of rice (divided between 4 dogs), and about 2 handful of dog biscuits each (i buy the Purina Friskies Balance)

I will try and get the drops, although it might be a little difficult to get over here with the situation and all!

Thanks again guys, i will be sure to experiment a little more with the veggies.. and hope that i find something that'll reduce Beau's stinkers at least A LITTLE :) Then we'll all sleep a lot easier at home ;)

lorim2

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:39:44 pm »
Marley is the King Gasman!  Sometimes he will totally clear the living room out!  haha and then hes like, "Wheres everyone going?"  We just take it...I figure one bad thing out of 1000 good things this sweet boy does is not so bad!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 12:46:10 am »
Marley is the King Gasman!  Sometimes he will totally clear the living room out!  haha and then hes like, "Wheres everyone going?"  We just take it...I figure one bad thing out of 1000 good things this sweet boy does is not so bad!!
I agree!  after a while you just sit there and say to your pup "GOOD ONE!"  and try to out do him/her.

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 01:36:51 am »
LOL!!! Lordey Lordey and here i thought Beau was bad, but if your Marley is the Gas KING, then i guess Beau still has a way to go :) But i'll tell you one thing, Beau's gas trips are DEFINITELY NOT for the faint hearted :)