Author Topic: Vet visit  (Read 2727 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Vet visit
« on: May 30, 2007, 04:37:28 am »
Last night I noticed my new IW pup dripping a bit of pink blood/urine on the kitchen floor. We went to the vet this morning (I had planned on taking her in for shots today or tomorrow anyway) Well, they did an ultrasound and her bladder wall was thick thick. She has a bladder infection and I had him look at her ears because they were warm...double yeast infection, and she has an umbilical hernia which he said is no problem, it has scar tissue in there and is closed so we don't have to do anything about it. He said cosmetically he can fix it when she is spayed. The breeder I got her from has been breeding and showing for 30+ years...but she raises the pups in a horse stall. I don't think thsy get much attention...an d obviously they don't get looked over well. I saw her filthy ears while I was there buying her. I just don't understand how you can have pups and not be responsible for them. :( Nedless to say, we have 3 weeks of Amoxi, and ear cream. and she will go back in 3 weeks for a checkup. Here is a pic of her with My Dane Tisha.:
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Vet visit
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 06:50:37 am »
Awwww, poor baby she must have been miserable!  :(  I'm so glad that you noticed the problems and got her to the vet so quickly.  Good job!  I hope that she responds quickly to the meds and that she's feeling like a happy, bouncy puppy soon. 

How are you coming along with names for her?  She is sooooo cute!  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 10:15:06 am »
She already seems like she is feeling better. She is learning what toys are and is playing some now. I have been calling her "Killian" today...but I don't know. My daughter keeps calling her Keelie for short, which is my friends dsughters name.....I don't want that. LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:56:46 am »
Awww poor girl!  Growing up in a horse stall wouldn't be much fun. I'm so glad you got her to the vet ASAP, she'll be better before you know it! 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:12:34 am »
she is such a beauty, it is too bad that people arent willing to provide a higher quality of life style for the pups they breed. but i bet she'll jump back in to tip top in no time with the good care she's getting. she is realy pretty!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 09:13:36 pm »
awwwww poor baby! So glad she is on the mend and getting better!

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:46:48 am »
I called the breeder to inform her of the issues. She called back today and said "all the rest of them are fine" and "it doesn't sound like anything really bad, keep me posted"...grrrrr I just dropped a grand on a dog just to have it sick and spend another $200, because of your crappy care and all you can say is ooops.....Oh well, she is safe here and that is all that matters.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007