Author Topic: Tied Up Dog SHOT 7 TIMES by Deputy  (Read 13063 times)

Offline EchoMeadows

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Tied Up Dog SHOT 7 TIMES by Deputy
« on: May 30, 2007, 02:36:21 pm »
Family dog SHOT 7 TIMES and left to die by Sheriff’s Deputy in Charles Co. MD

Deputy Christopher Long of the Charles Co. Sheriff’s Office went to the Mattia Family’s home looking for Sharon Mattia’s “Step Son”  who had NEVER resided in that home at that address !!!  To serve him a “Child Support Warrant” (a bench warrant I am told)

Deputy Long knocked on the front door then proceeded to the side door,  still no answer he proceeded to the back door,  He knew Max was there (as the Mattia family had called the SO some years back to investigate a car that had been dumped in they’re pond at the back of the property, He had met Max then.)  Deputy Long acknowledged Max while he was approaching the TETHERED Dog,  He Proceeded into the Dogs Range of Movement,  Max nipped at his leg and pinched the deputy’s leg NOT EVEN BREAKING THE SKIN Deputy long pulled his weapon and fired 7 Shots into Max BUT these 7 shots were so poorly placed they did not kill him right away,  Max tried to get away but Deputy Long pursued his vicious attack on Max and continued to fire !!!!

Deputy Long left Max to die,  (YES he was still breathing) so that he could go call for an ambulance to attend to his bruise from the pinch Max had given him AFTER he Proceeded into the Dogs Range of Movement,  REMEMBER MAX WAS TIED UP !!!
Deputy Long has survived his injuries however MAX died on the way to the Vet,  When Sharon Mattia’s son came home and found him in a pool of blood struggling to breath but still able to cry in pain.

This Family has suffered a horrific LOSS,  in the name of “BADGE ABUSE”

Deputy Long used poor judgment in that he approached a tethered dog UNNECESARILLY !! (He had already knocked on 2 doors it should have been apparent no one was home)
Deputy Long  used poor judgment in that he fired a 357 calibur weapon in a residential area recklessly and with wontan disregard.
Deputy Long used poor judgment in that he chose to serve a warrant ALONE
Deputy Long used poor judgment in that he chose to engage a dog that was TIED UP !!
Deputy Long used very poor judgment by NOT Confirming the Address of the individual on the warrant !!!!

Oh and by the way….  THIS IS REPORTEDLY THE 3RD DOG THIS DEPUTY HAS SHOT AND KILLED WITH A GUN !!!!!
Please show your support in the cry against “BADGE ABUSE” and call the Charles Co. Sheriff’s Office @ 301-932-2222

I keep thinking WOW what if the Police ever stray into my backyard,  where my dogs are kept “SAFE” ??????????

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Tied Up Dog SHOT 7 TIMES by Deputy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »
 >:(This face doesn't show the fumes comeing from my ears. That is wrong. He better be taken to court for animal cruelty.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:50:44 pm »
Lets tie this a$$hole up in his back yard and shoot HIM 7 times, and leave him to suffer and die alone!

Weedsport, NY

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:13:10 am »
That is just aweful!  >:(  >:( 

I'm hoping that at least he will be under investigation for his improper use of a firearm, as well as reckless discharge of a firearm.

And this is his third shooting?  That is beyond ridiculous, I think he needs a psych evaluation while they're at it.

Offline Bernertomboi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:39:44 pm »
How did it ever get to three incidents? HOW!?  This officer should have been investigated after the first incident.  Most people have enough common sense that if they see a dog and a tether to stay far enough away, especially if they are unsure.

I understand that he has a job to do, but there was no reason that he should have had to interact with a chained dog. I agree that he should be psych evaluated! 

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:50:43 pm »
Unbelievable.

Offline RacheH

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 12:04:47 am »
Christ i'd hate to think what this Deputy would be like if he ever got p*ssed with a human being!!! Defintely wouldn't want him banging on my door that's for sure... It's horrible what he did to Max, and this isn't the first incident? Christ this guy is a psycopath... he should be the one tied up! Uneccessary use of fire arm as well, all he had to do was uuhh "move away" from the TIED dog??
"There is no such thing as a Bad Dog..."

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:43:31 am »
Oh My God.  I feel like I'm going to be sick after reading that.  That poor dog.  He didn't even have the decency to end the dog's suffering by putting a bullet in his brain.  I feel physically ill...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:43:44 am »
I can't type here what I would like to see done to that guy. He should lose his job and any rights to ever own any type of animal---I doubt he has enough feelings to want to own an animal.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:44:43 am by Icerotti »

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 02:03:50 am »
The guy should be in jail.  He's so macho to use a weapon against a tethered dog.  Let's see how macho he is when Bubba sees him in the prison showers and decides he wants him as his girlfriend.

I know that may be in bad taste, but I believe that what comes around goes around.

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline EchoMeadows

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 02:59:40 pm »
Wanted to let you all know that there is a movement involving sending emails asking TV's Inside Edition to further investigate the death of Max and other dogs who have been needlessly SHOT by LEO's across the country,  I did a query on "Cops shoot dogs" and OMgosh I was shocked to say the very least to see that this has become such a "common practice" for LEO to shoot family pets if they "get in the way"  and of course they always "claim" it was going to attack !!!   except that might be hard to beleive if you watch the video of the dog wagging it's tail as it approached and it's head then blown off with a shot gun after Police "Mistakenly" pulled the family over 
the email for Inside Edition is ietips@kingworld.com

If you love your dogs and think they are safe in your home read the story about the cop shoots and kills dog at wrong address !!  NONE of our dogs are safe,  Not even in our home !!  For the links your are welcome to email me I'll gladly provide you with them.   

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 12:49:10 am »
And unfortunately, big dogs are perceived as more of a threat than small ones simply because of their size.  Don't statistics show that smaller dogs are more apt to bite than larger animals?

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline EchoMeadows

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 07:05:09 am »
If there are no statics that show it, there should be LOL,  I manage a shelter here and am most definately more cautious with the little runts I have to catch !   Have been more violently attacked by a 4 month old doxy pup scared out of his mind then anything else that has ever come through here...  Good comment it's absolutely true for me anyway.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 01:26:53 am »
OH MY GOD
There is so much awful stuff on the forum today from the news. :'(
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 03:42:56 am »
A friend of ours was in some trouble a few years ago and when the cops came they told him if his pitbull even looked at them funny they would shoot it.She was in her crate the entire time.And they kept saying they would not hesitate to kill her if she did anything to make them nervous. So yeah these cops were ready to kill his dog in front of his kids for No reason whatsoever.Tot al abuse of power!!
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)