Author Topic: what causes weight to go up and down???  (Read 1870 times)

angelsmama

what causes weight to go up and down???
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:54:21 pm »
Angel, like I've read about a few dogs, has her weight go up and down. Never a drastic weight loss, but just enough to notice, then after a while slowly goes back up. This happens every few months. She eats plenty.. This normally happens when the season is changing, could that possibly have anything to do with it? She is still super active and playful so she doesn't get lethargic or anything. She sees the vet a couple times a year for a checkup. Am I just over reacting and getting too worried about the  occasional drop in weight??

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: what causes weight to go up and down???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:30:25 am »
Seasonality definitely plays a part in weight gain and loss.  During the winter months, my pups eat way more than in the summer months even though they are inside dogs.  It's because they are using more energy to keep warm and maintain body temps and stuff than in the summer.  We do the same thing but sometimes it's just not as noticeable.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline happiday

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All I ever do is SMILE!
    • View Profile
Re: what causes weight to go up and down???
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 03:57:45 am »
Mine's noticeable!  LOL!!
Salli, Annie's mama!